C.4 Was He Really So Broken?

Sunday afternoon Midoriya spent tossing and turning in bed, restless and tired, not wanting to socialize. It was Bakugou's evening to hang out with the Bakusquad, and a little part of Izuku was glad. Katsuki would not want a boyfriend like him, a boyfriend who could not juggle his emotions without littlespace or separate home life and Hero work. Bakugou was probably going to leave him soon anyways, Izuku convinced himself, he was being so clingy and depressed after all.

Midoriya whimpered and curled up into a small ball under his blankets, a single tear trickling down a freckled cheek. Everyday the invisible weight holding him down was getting heavier and heavier, crushing him slowly.

If Bakugou did not leave him, maybe Izuku should break up with Katsuki for his own good. Izuku was probably holding Bakugou back - and if he kept Katsuki from being the best, he could never forgive himself.

+++

Monday through Wednesday went badly by Katsuki's standards. Somehow Midoriya managed to schedule every free moment with someone else or with Katsuki and a group of their classmates. Izuku had mentally isolated himself even further, only responding to direct questions with as few words as possible. At this point the rest of the class had noticed Izuku's change in demeanor, sending worried texts to each other through out the days.

Thursday morning Bakugou was stressed, worrying about how he was going talk to Midoriya about little space. He did not want to embarrass his boyfriend or make him feel uncomfortable, but Katsuki could not let this go on. He needed a plan.

"Hey man, you good?"

Kirishima came over to where Bakugou was eating breakfast on the couch, pulling at his spiky hair and ignoring his food.

"I'm fucking AMAZING, shitty hair. My boyfriend is depressed as hell and all you shitty extras keep giving him a chance to avoid being alone with me!"

Katsuki's voice was strained as he stood up and walked to the kitchen to wash his dishes.

"Aw bakubro, I'll talk to our class and get them to back off. I'm sure they'll understand!"

Kirishima gave a half smile, slightly worried by both his friends' mental health.

"THEY FUCKING BETTER!"

+++

Midoriya had not set his alarm last night, planning on skipping school. He felt awful, he could not sleep and would not eat. Izuku had no motivation, no structure, no CG. The teen was lost in his own head, in-between slipping into littlespace and real life, brain fuzzy and muddled.

Izuku asked Uraraka to tell Aizawa he was sick and tried to go back to sleep. His head hurt and his eyes watered in frustration. What was wrong with him? Why could he not be normal? Where was Kacchan? Midoriya whined high in his throat, wishing his boyfriend was there with him.

His phone dinged.

'Oi nerd where the fuck are you? First period just ended and Uraraka said you were sick.'

It was Katsuki.

'Sorry Kacchan, wasn't feeling well and needed to rest. I'm gonna be fine though! :)'

No response.

Sadness filled Midoriya and he chucked his phone onto the ground and stuffed his face into a pillow and groaned. He was a mess. Izuku could not take care of himself, could not function, he did not want the burden of being in charge of himself, he needed to be told how to live. Needed to have that safety blanket there for him, that comfort.

Izuku just wanted Bakugou to make him get up, tell him moping was not an option, set gentle yet firm rules for him and follow through. The freckled teen buried his face into his pillow, was he really so broken he needed to be taken care of?

+++

Bakugou could not pay attention in class, he was too busy worrying about Midoriya. He missed his bright smile and constant mutterings during the day and wanted nothing more than to ditch school and go check on his boyfriend. Waiting through the whole six hours of school was exhausting, and by the time he got back to his dorms, Izuku was ignoring everybody and still locked up in his room. On that note, it was time for Bakugou to complete his plan.

"Oi Shitty Hair, I'm fucking done with this studying bullshit, I finished this fucking homework yesterday. Imma go upstairs and pass the fuck out."

Sero sighed loudly from where he lay across Kamanari's lap with his head resting on Mina's lap. Kamanari flicked Sero's forehead.

"Nooooooooooo..."

Went the lightning bolt teen. Kirishima pouted.

"Aw man Bakugou, we didn't even get to see if we could toast marshmallows over your explosions."

"Uh, you were planning on doing that? That doesn't sound very safe."

Sero looked around nervously. Kamanari yelped as Jiro pulled the bag of marshmallows he had been hiding from behind his back.

"These idiots have probably been planning this dumb plan for weeks."

Kamanari gasped, hand over heart, fake tears beginning to gather in his eyes.

"Heyyyy, it's not stupid, don't you want some toasted marshmallows too?"

Sero slowly shook his head as Jiro slapped the blonde over the head.

"An explosion would explode the marshmallow!"

"Fucking shitty ass idea, see ya' tomorrow."

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry this chapter was so short loves! It's been a rough week but I still wanted to update. Next chapter will be DOUBLE this length and I'll even sprinkle in some serious BakuDeku Fluff (or angst if I'm feeling mean).

- FFB1 <3