Strangers at a Night Club (supercorp)

Indigo Neon tubes spelled out the club's name in light, 'Kieran'. The place had only been open two weeks, but was quickly becoming one of  National cities hottest spots for night life. Two no-nonsense bouncers stood at the front door and a line of young hopeful singles wound against the wall and around the corner.

Kara nervously tucked a stray lock of her long blond hair back behind her ear, tugging on the hem of her own little black dress. She was out for the night- looking for a little adventure. But she wasn't cool enough for this kind of place, she was sure of it. She thought briefly about retreating back home, taking off the uncomfortable heels and cozying up in her favorite oversized hoody and cozy sweats instead.

No. She pushed that wayward thought to the side and stood up straight, re-aligning her shoulders and standing up a bit taller. She was cool enough for this place. Her fingers reached up to toy with the silver necklace she wore, flicking the little diamond pendant and smiling to herself before reaching up and tugging lightly on matching diamond earring. She was wearing her cutest little black dress and her favorite jewelry. Her makeup was done for once and her hair had actually listened to her this evening when she'd worked to get it in order. She wanted to be here- to dance, to see and to be seen, to have fun.

Her job at Catco had been really stressing her out lately, and Alex recommended this place so here she was.

Kara stood in the line against the wall, checking her phone for the time - 10:30 pm - and wondering how long it would take to get inside. Would it even be worth it once she was in there? Or would she wind up outside all night- and catch a cold thanks to the chilly November breeze. She contemplated giving up on this little endeavor again as she leaned against the brick wall, balancing her weight on one foot at a time, before switching to the other, in order to give her feet a bit of a break. She did a quick count of the people in line in front of her. About 20 young men and women stood between her and the bouncers.

She wrapped her arms around her torso to keep warm. Kara was anticipating another 40 minutes in line. She sighed to herself and pulled out her phone again, reminding herself that this was supposed to be fun and the waiting was just the price she would have to pay for a night out.

Kara was about to check her phone for the time again when a man in a sharp black suit holding a clipboard came walking past , assessing the line. He had an earpiece in and was talking quietly to someone as he glanced through the line. He walked past her towards the back of the line before coming back her way. He stopped in front of her, and looked at her critically before looking back at his clipboard then back to her.

"Excuse me, Miss. Would you like to go inside?" He asked. Kara blinked at him, confused.

"What?"

"Would you like to go inside, right now?" He repeated himself, this time, a bored edge to his tone.

"Well, yes but... the line." She gestured to the people in front of her against the wall, some of whom had turned with interest in the man with the clipboard.

"The owner of this establishment has informed me that she would like you placed on his VIP guest list. That means you may come in now, if you like, Miss...."

"Danvers. Kara Danvers." Kara finished for him.

"Very good. Right this way, Miss Danvers."

Never one to look a gift horse in the mouth, Kara took the opportunity to follow the man out of the cold and into the night club.

The inside of the club was small, and intimate. A lighted dancefloor dominated the bulk of the space, grey and neon blue checkered squares alternated in color as young singles ground against each other on top of them. A small bar was set up against the front end of the space, with the larger bar adorning the back wall of the club. Above her head, blue and white laser lights flashed and changed in time with the dub-step music that was blasting from the speakers. A DJ was set up on top of a small stage, a screen behind him flashing his name along with some colorful visuals. Kara was taken in by the sights, everything was designed in concert to create an intimate and thrilling picture.