As Luck Would Have It (Clexa)

When Clark was young she used to think that elevators and escalators were the same thing.

This probably stemmed from the fact that her hometown was severely lacking buildings with either, so she didn't really have any experience to go by. In fact, the hospital was the place young Clark first came across an elevator. She had been thrilled and was completely convinced it was a magic box. It closed one place and opened another—how could it not be magic?

The elevator in the building Clark works is smaller than the hospital elevator. Probably because no one is wheeling gurneys or a fleet of wheelchairs into it—at least not that she has seen. It would probably uncomfortably and illegally fit about ten people, though Clark has only ever seen it carry four, and that was cozy enough.

The building is actually large enough to require two elevators but Clark never uses the one on the right, which has a propensity for breaking down at least once a week. She learned that on her first day, and although it had only been stuck for about five minutes, she didn't want to take the chance. Not only that but she had awful claustrophobia.

So, Clark stuck to the left elevator which has never broken down on her once and usually has far less occupancy than the right (apparently no one else is bothered by the constant breaking down).

Clark works on floor seven. She does accounting for a boring company. She didn't bother getting to know her co-workers although, one of them annoyed the crap out of her.

"Fuck." She cursed. Her infamous left elevator was under repair.

Strolling over to the right elevator, Clark skeptically pressed the button to call the elevator.

Ding

The elevator doors opened, and as two people walked out, taking their sweet ass time, Clark hastily entered. Letting out a sigh of relief and leaning against the back panel as the doors began to shut, she was left on her own.

The relief was short lived, before unexpected fingertips managed to snake their way into the closing doors. "Oh it's you blondie." The girl said as she made her way into the elevator.

"Lexa." Clark spoke quietly pressing the button that's read 'Floor Seven'. Speak of the devil! It was 'annoying coworker.'

"She knows my name." Lexa gasped placing herself on the other side of the elevator. The lift started its decent as it made itself up.

One...

Clark rolled her eyes. She wanted to get out of this elevator so very bad. She could feel Lexa's eyes on her, watching her every move.

"How come your always so quite." The brunette asked. She didn't take her eyes off of Clark.

Two...

"Don't worry about it."

"Well, what if I want to worry about it?"

Three...

"Well I guess that's too bad because it's really none of your business."

"Oh, so now you're withholding information from me?"

Four...

"Yes, which is completely acceptable. Why does it matter anyways?" Clark could practically feel the tension.

"It doesn't." Lexa scoffed.