Roller..Blading..? (Dani x Jamie Bly Manor)

"You have got to be kidding me," Dani mumbled in horror as she stared at the bright, flashing banner that read "Roller Skating Rink" from where she sat in the passenger's seat of Jamie's car.

"No," Jamie said next to her, leaning forward just like she was over her steering wheel. "You've been skating before, right?"

Dani rolled her eyes to look at her sideways. "I can't walk down the sidewalk without finding something to trip on, and you expect me to do well wearing shoes with wheels!?" Jamie couldn't be serious about this—she'd bust her skull open. Or worse: never leave the wall and look like a total idiot in front of all those ten and eleven year old kids who can skate as good as pros! Talk about 'fun'.

Dani hadn't noticed that Jamie was laughing, and the blond glared at her through narrowed eyes when she finally did notice. Jamie composed herself, but her eyes were still dancing with unreleased laughter. "This isn't funny, Jamie." She glowered, leaning back in her seat and crossing her arms over her chest tightly. "I'm not doing this,"

Jamie rolled her eyes, leaning over and pressing her lips to Dani's, her hands moving to untie her arms from around her chest. Dani couldn't remember how to breathe, let alone why she was angry at Jamie. When she pulled away, Dani was sure she had a stupid look on her face, blank, dazed.

Jamie's lips pulled into her favorite smile and she chuckled low in her chest."Ah, I cannot wait to see you on skates, Dani." Jamie said, her eyes dancing again.

"Jamie, so help me, you're going to hate me after this." Dani growled. As soon as she was finished talking, Jamie was opening her door, and helping her out of her car. "I'm surprised you didn't avoid this." Dani said as she looped her arm around Jamie's waist.

"Why is that?" She breathed into her ear.

Dani shivered at the feeling of her cool, delicious breath wafting over her skin. "Because I will make a fool of myself, and people will look at you like you're taking care of a child who won't stop screaming."

"I'll do anything to see you blush, Dani."

"Of course you will," Dani grumbled, rolling her eyes.

Jamie paid the over-priced fee of nine dollars a person to get us through the doors, and towed Dani over to one of the tables. The blond hadn't noticed until then that she had two pairs of shiny new inline roller blades. Oh, this was going to be Hell.

"Aren't beginners supposed to start out on roller skates, Jamie?" She asked, still standing as she pulled her shoes off.

"Nonsense," she scoffed, tugging one inline skate onto her foot. "Now, Poppins', get your shoes off."

Dani sighed, plopping down in the hard chair. Before she bent over to untie her laces, she looked around for a moment. From the ceiling dangled red and green fuzzy strings that the blond suspected were from Christmas. The tiles on the ceiling were in need of repair, and she could only guess that the gaping holes at each end of the rink were from the hockey pucks being launched through the plaster.

Behind them sat a row of out-dated arcade games and one knock-off Dance Dance Revolution—why they would have a dancing game at a roller skating rink Dani will never know. To their left was the 'DJ booth' and the rental skates; to their right was a dangerous snack bar that she wouldn't be going near due to the blue and white tiles that seemed to be recently waxed. Dani noticed the price of pizza—ten-fifty for pepperoni—and tried to think of a way to keep Jamie from thinking she was hungry anytime throughout this event of torture.

All around them skated kids who looked no older than nine or ten, looking perfect on the carpet as well as the wooded skating rink. There was a group of teenagers—around the ages of fifteen and sixteen, Dani guessed—that sat near one of the entrances to the rink, inline skates strapped to their feet as they leaned against the wall and tapped on their cell phones. Wow, they looked like they were enjoying the loud, Top 40 music blasting out of the six speakers. The one located closest to Jamie and Dani seemed to be one second a head of the rest, and the off-beat music made her twitch.