1

July 2005.

"Mum! Have you seen my football kit?" Louis asked, rummaging through his chest of drawers.

It was Monday morning, the final week in the school year. Louis was feeling happy, as it meant he would have 6 weeks of no school, and lots of time to hang out with his mates.

"Bottom drawer." Jay replied, walking into his room. "You better hurry or you'll be late again."

He found his kit, shoving it into his bag, kissed his Mum's cheeks and hurried out the door.

"See you later. Love you!" He yelled as he ran downstairs and out the door, meeting Niall who was waiting by his garden gate.

Jay tidied up the mess Louis had left behind.

The house was now quiet. Mark was at work already, and they currently had no foster children, the last child, a 14 year old girl, left them a few weeks ago.

Jay made herself a mug of coffee and sat at her laptop.

She sent her usual emails. Every week she would ask social services if any children were in need of looking after.

She had always loved taking care of children who were in need. It was her caring nature.

They had fostered so many children over the years. One had stuck in her memory, in her heart.

Harry.

Harry was only 2 when he was found on a bench in the snow in their hometown.

They took him in. Finding out that his mother was a murder victim was devastating.

Harry was a loving, but very quiet boy. He didn't talk, except for a few words. Louis adored him.

They were all heartbroken when his real father took him to London 8 long years ago.

They kept in contact for a while. They would send photos, call regularly, and shared special moments.

But that all stopped 4 years ago.

All of a sudden, Robin stopped contacting them without warning.

They couldn't understand it. Did they do or say something wrong that upset Robin?

Jay sat thinking of Harry often, wondering how he was. What he looked like. If he was happy.

It was just after midday. Jay was eating a sandwich when her phone rang.

She answered.

"Hello?"

*Hello Jay. It's Florence*

Florence is one of the social workers they deal with.

"Oh hi Florence."

*I see you are wanting to Foster again. We have someone for you.*

"Yes we are. Who is it?" She asked.

*It's Harry Twist.*

"Harry?" She could hardly speak. Hearing his name mentioned made her heart skip a beat.

*Yes. Im sorry to tell you, he's not in a good way. Can I come and speak to you?*

"Yes. Yes of course. When?"

*Straight away if that's possible?*

"Ok. I'll call Mark. I'll see you soon."

She hung up her phone and called Mark, who said he was in his way.

*****

"He's in hospital? Where? What's wrong with him?" Jay asked.

They were sat with Florence in their living room, not believing what they're hearing.