5

It was 11am on Saturday.

"He must be exhausted." Jay said. Harry was still asleep.

"Can I wake him up now?" Louis responded.

"No. Best to leave him. He didn't sleep well in the hospital." Jay said. "I'll check on him soon. Are you going out with the boys today?"

The boys being Louis' friends Niall, Zayn and Liam.

"No. I wanted to stay home today to make sure Harry is settling in alright."

Jay smiled. Louis had always been such a kind, caring boy. Even when Harry lived with them all those years ago, he would take care of the much younger boy. Now he was back again, Louis wanted to do the same.

"Are you sure? You always play football on Saturday's."

"Yeah. The guys don't mind. They want to meet him sometime. Not yet though. Its fine Mum."

"Ok. As long as you're sure?" Louis nodded.

"If he's sleeping for a while, can I go to the shops? I won't be long?"

"Of course." She got her purse. "Take this. "She handed him £20. "Your allowance. Don't spend it on rubbish though." She smiled.

He hugged her. "Thanks Mum. I won't. Promise."

He left the house and hopped on the next bus into town.

*****

Jay was making some tea when she heard footsteps. She turned around and saw a sleepy 11 year old in the doorway rubbing his eyes.

"Hello Harry love. How are you feeling?"

"H-Hungry. Can I h-have something to eat p-please?" He whispered, picking at his fingernails.

"Course you can. What would you like?"

"Um...am I allowed s-some pasta p-please?"

"Sure. Why don't you go sit on the sofa? I'll bring it in when it's ready."

Harry smiled shyly, nodded and walked away.

*****

Jay made the pasta, covering it in sweet pepper sauce. She made enough for everyone, keeping some in a pan for Louis and Mark. She took two bowls and went to the living room.

Harry was sat on the sofa, flicking through channels, not finding anything worth watching.

"Here you go sweetie." She placed a bowl on Harry's lap. He looked down at it and licked his lips.

"Eat as much as you can."

Harry tucked in. He hadn't eaten pasta for a while, and the sauce was delicious.

Harry was so into eating his pasta, he didn't hear Louis coming home.

"Hi!" He said, coming into the room, making Harry jump and nearly spilling his food.

"Louis! Not so loud " Jay reprimanded him.

"Sorry. I bought something." He sat down opposite Harry and handed him a plastic bag. "For you."

Harry looked up at him, pointing to himself.

"Yes. For you."

Jay took the bowl from his lap.

Harry opened the bag, looked inside and smiled.

He pulled out a box.

"S-Sp-Spiderman." He hugged the box.

Louis laughed. "You can take it out of the box. Here let me help you." He took the box, opening it carefully and handed Harry the doll.

The younger boy studied the doll. He traced his finger over its face and body.

"Th-Thanks L-Louis." He got up off of the sofa and hugged him, the doll still in his hand. "Looks like y-you. Are you Sp-Spiderman?"

Jay's heart was melting watching the boys interaction.

"I wish I was." Louis said. "I'd have saved you before now."

Jay gave Louis his pasta, and Harry took his bowl back. They sat together. Harry pretended to feed some pasta to his doll, careful not to put sauce on it.

Both boys finished their food. "Can we go up to Harry's room please?" Louis asked after he washed up their bowls.

"Yes. You don't need to ask."

Louis stood up and took Harry's hand. They went up to Harry's room.

They sat on Harry's bed, Spiderman still in his grip.

"What do you want to do?"

Harry shrugged his shoulders.

"Do you like music?"

A nod.

Louis passed him his phone after getting Spotify up on it. "Have a look through that. Put whatever you like on."

The phone was big in his tiny hands. He scrolled through Louis' playlists. He pressed play and music played through Louis' speakers that were linked to the app.

"You like Fleetwood Mac?"

Another nod. "My...My Daddy l-likes them. Liked." He said, sadly, looking down at his doll.

Louis put an arm around him. "I'm sorry."

They didn't do anything else as the music played.

They ended up laying on the bed side by side. Louis arm under Harry's neck, comforting him, as the smaller boy cried quietly.

Eventually, Harry fell asleep, still hugging his Spiderman.

There was a tap at the door, and Jay walked in. She noticed Harry was asleep.

"Everything ok?"

She walked closer to the bed and sat on a chair next to where Louis laid.

"He put Fleetwood Mac on. Said it was his Dad's favourite. Cried himself to sleep." Louis said, his voice cracking.

"Poor love. There'll be so many things in his life that will remind him of his Dad, and his Mum. Not sure what he can remember about her."

"It's so sad."

"We'll try to make his life better from now on."

Jay kissed Louis and left the room.

Louis rested his cheek against Harry's now darker curly hair and closed his eyes.

Even though he wasn't Harry's big brother yet, he was determined to make sure that he has the best life he can have from now on. He would show him things. Teach him things. Help him through any bad times and sad times.

Forever.

*****

Hi...

Thoughts on the chapter?

I feel like this wasn't very good. Im sorry.

I love Harry.

All the love. L. Xx

💕💕💕