3

"That's a good boy." Jay whispered, as she gently cleaned Harry's bruised body. The bruises were healing now, pale yellow marks replacing the darker colours.

"Tell me if I hurt you." She continued.

Harry nodded, watching her intently.

She noted the scars on his thighs. A mixture of old and new cuts. She wondered who did that to him.

"How's he doing?" The nurse asked as she entered the room to do her checks.

"Ok. I think." Jay replied. "Glad he's letting me wash him." She smiled down at him.

Earlier, the feeding tube had been removed, much to Harry's pleasure.

"I'll bring his lunch in soon. He needs to start eating properly again. It's good that he's put weight on, but it's still not enough. They won't discharge him until he reaches the target weight. We'll start off with smaller portions."

"Ok. Sounds good. You want to try some food Harry?"

He nodded. He was very hungry and had forgotten what real food tastes like.

"Good boy. I'll be back soon." The nurse said.

"Mark is coming later. Do you want him to bring Louis too? He'd love to see you."

Harry sat up a bit, his body not so sore now. "Y-Yes Lou."

Jay smiled again. "He'll be pleased. I'll text him. They'll come after school."

*****

The nurse came in with Harry's lunch and a sandwich for Jay.

Jay found out her name is Jade.

"Thank you for this. I skipped breakfast." Jay said taking the food.

"You're welcome. I did notice you hadn't eaten. Don't want you getting sick too." Jade replied. "Harry, you've got some chicken soup, a yogurt and a banana. Is that ok for you? Try your best Ok."

He nodded, Jay helping him to sit up. She put the bowl of soup on the table over the bed and pulled it closer.

He picked up the spoon and began to eat. It tasted so good, not as good as the homemade chicken soup his Dad would make, but still good.

He ate every last bit.

"Such a good boy. Do you want the yogurt or banana?"

He pointed to the yogurt which Jay handed to him.

Strawberry yogurt was always his favourite. He closed his eyes as he savoured every mouthful.

"Well done. Banana?"

He shook his head. "L-Later." He whispered.

"You did well Harry. Good job." Jade said, clearing the tray away.

He smiled and laid back on his pillows, closing his eyes.

As Jay and Jade talked about Harry's dietary requirements, he fell asleep, safe in the knowledge that the Tomlinson's would never leave him alone.

*****

Harry sat up in his bed, Jay sat beside him. He was nervous, as any minute Mark would walk in the door with Louis.

Harry's heart pounded in his chest.

There was a knock at the door and everything seemed to go in slow motion.

There he was. Louis.

The boys smiled at each other. Louis walked to Harry .

"Hi." Louis said, shyly. He didn't think he'd ever see the younger boy ever again. He was so emotional.

"H-Hi." Harry replied, just as shyly.

"Can I give you a hug?" Louis asked.

Harry nodded. Louis bent down and they hugged. Louis was careful not to hurt him.

They broke the hug and Louis sat down. "I missed you. I'm gonna look after you forever. Ok?" He whispered, not showing how desperately hard he was trying not to cry.

"S-Spider-man." Harry said quietly as he stared into Louis big blue eyes.

"You remembered. Do you still like him?"

The younger boy nodded. "I...I don't have the d-doll." He said, afraid he would get a telling off.

"Hey. Its OK. I can get you another one if you want?"

"Ok. Th-Thank you. Sorry I l-lost it." His bottom lip wobbled as tears started falling.

"It's ok. Don't cry."

"Harry love. Did you bring anything with you? Clothes and things?" Jay asked.

"A few bits....but....th-they took them." Tears continued.

Jay got a tissue and handed it to him. "Who took them?"

"B-Boys." He sniffed.

"What boys?"

Harry didn't answer. He just burst into proper tears, falling into Louis' arms.

"My God. What did these boys do to him? Is that who beat him?" Jay asked Mark.

"I don't know. What did the police say?"

"He hasn't spoken to them yet. He wouldn't say anything. I'm hoping now that we're here that he'll speak."

"I hate seeing you cry." Louis said, rubbing Harry's back as he soaked his t shirt with his tears. "You're safe now."

*****

At 8pm, Louis and Mark had to go home. Louis didn't want to go though, begging his parents to let him stay. Obviously he couldn't. He has school tomorrow after all.

"I have to go now. I'll come back soon ok. Mum will look after you." He said to a very sad Harry.  "Try not to cry any more."

Harry sniffed and nodded. They hugged and Louis left him alone with Jay.

*****

"C-Can I go to your house p-please?" He asked quietly, as Jay helped him back to bed after visiting the bathroom.

"Soon darling. And it's your house too now. Your home."

"M-My home?"

"Yes. We're not letting you leave us ever again."

"Thank you." He smiled.

He'd had 2 years of hell. But he knew that the Tomlinson's would never hurt him like others had in the past.

He belonged with them.

*****

Sorry it took a while.

Thoughts on the chapter?

Not story related but what do you think of this photo?

Honestly  he's so bloody adorable.

Hope you're all OK.
All the love. L. Xx
💕💕💕