4

Friday.

Harry was sat in a wheelchair in his room, waiting for Jay to sign his discharge forms.

He was so happy to finally be leaving the hospital.

Jay came in the room. "All done. We can get you home now." She said, picking up his bag.

Harry smiled, trying to stand up. "You stay there. I can take you to the car in it." Jay said, hanging his bag on one of the handles.

He sat back down, thankful, as his legs felt a bit wobbly.

She wheeled him out of the room and down the corridor.

"Harry! Glad I caught you. Wanted to say goodbye." Jade appeared in front of them. "You take care ok?" She smiled. "You too Jay."

Harry smiled at the nurse he had grown fond if over his time there.

"Thank you for everything you've done for him." Jay said. They hugged and made their way to her car.

Jay helped him inside, sitting in the back seat and clipping his seat belt.

The drive home took a couple of hours, and Harry slept most of the way.

Jay pulled into their driveway.

"Harry. We're home." She tapped his shoulder.

He woke up, disorientated for a moment. She unclipped his belt and helped him inside.

He took deep breaths as he entered the house. The same house he left all those years ago.

It smelt the same. The same smell of flowers. It was decorated differently. New carpets, wallpaper and furniture, but it felt the same.

They went to the living room and sat on the sofa.

He sighed happily.

"You ok?" Jay asked.

He looked at her and smiled. "Yes th-thank you."

She wondered if his stutter was usual, or if it was from nerves. But why would he be nervous around her?

"Where's L-Louis?"

"Still at school. He'll be home about 3.30. Couple of hours yet. Are you hungry? I made some vegetable soup."

Harry nodded. He did feel a bit hungry.

"You put your feet up. I'll heat some up." She put the tv on and handed him the remote. "See if you can find us a good movie to watch."

He flicked through Netflix, stopping on Spiderman far away. He smiled and pressed play, laying down on the sofa, hugging one of the cushions.

Jay came back a few minutes later. 

"You gonna sit up love?"

Harry sat up and Jay put the tray on his lap. "Eat what you can."

Jay was like his Dad, Robin. They were both excellent cooks. Both made wonderful soups as well as other delicious meals. Harry never went hungry at his Dad's house.

The soup was amazing. Big chunks of potatoes, carrot, onion and peas in a lovely sauce. Harry ate all if it and had a second helping.

Jay was happy to see him eating.

They sat watching the film and before they knew it, it was 3.30.

Harry heard a key in the front door.

"Harry!" Louis yelled as he ran into the living room, sitting next to the smaller boy. "So glad you're home."

Home.