ship headcanons: matchablossom

when they were younger (let's say like 17 or so) and still friends with adam, cherry and adam were a couple for some time.
joe was extremely jealous because he had a crush on kaoru + was third wheeling all the time, and since kaoru and him had been best friends since forever before that, he had problems accepting the fact that he wasn't kaoru's number one anymore.
then with time, adam started to change, resulting in many arguments between him and kaoru, and kaoru would go to kojiro's house after an argument and tell him everything. kojiro would always cook something for him to cheer him up.
this went on for like half a year, then adam broke up with kaoru. joe was always there for him during the following year, helping him get over it.
kaoru eventually developed feelings for kojiro during that time, but it took him very long to realize and accept that, since kojiro was his best friend and he didn't wanna loose him.
then after approximately another year (so two years after kaoru's and adam's breakup), joe confessed to kaoru.
they have been a little on-off ever since, hence kojiro flirting with girls to make kaoru jealous, but they love each other deeply and eventually become a couple openly after the timeline of the anime.
i also like to imagine they made it official to everyone after a race between the two of them, let's say cherry won and then joe kissed him in front of everyone, as a "winner's prize".

- both cherry and joe developed a shopping addiction and love going on shopping trips together.
- they're switches
- they sometimes do little "cooking evenings", where they try to cook new dishes they've never tasted before together

gonna do a series of ship hs now, always feel free to tell me your own in the comments!