ship headcanons: shadoka

after finally getting over the manager in the flower shop he works in, shadow starts considering relationships again, and when he goes with reki to dope sketch because he needed something for his skate equipment, he meets oka there and his mind goes like "woah". after they got out of the shop, he asked reki if oka likes flowers, to which reki gave him a confused "yes".

so, after a week of consecutive visits at dope sketch, shadow goes there again, with a note attached to a bouquet in his hands, and buys something (a wheel for a skateboard, always useful). when he pays, he lays the lays the flowers next to the money, and says something like this: "i work in that flower shop a few streets away from here. uh, there's my address on that note. a-and my number. uh... bye", and then he runs off while tightly clutching the skateboard wheel he bought.

a day later, oka comes to the flower shop. shadow isn't there, so he asks a coworker about a "tall, buff dude with orange hair", and they tell him that it's his day off, so he sees no other option and goes to the address on the note.
he rings the bell, shadow looks through the peephole and panicks, but eventually opens, and oka says something along the lines of "was that you trying to hit on me the other day?" and shadow stutters a weak "yeah...?" and lets him in after few seconds.
after shadow helplessly suggests it, they have tea. they end up talking a lot since oka is surprisingly good at starting conversations and breaking awkward silences, and they start having dates shortly after that meeting.

finally, after shadow gives in to oka's stubbornness of wanting to get asked out, shadow asks him out, they start dating and we'll, it doesn't take long for oka to realize who he's dating there: the shadow from s.
since shadow's behavior outside of s is rather the contrary of how he acts when he's racing there, oka found it hard to believe, but he eventually confronts him about it and shadow confirms it.
oka tells him it's cool and that he has no problem with it, so now they often drive to s together and oka cheers him, which leads to the others asking about it and finding out about their relationship.
reki's very surprised to say the least, and joe congratulates shadow with a massive shoulder pat, because he'd noticed that his orange haired friend has a crush on someone.

- oka loves teasing shadow, but afterwards has to apologize bc he starts feeling kinda guilty when shadow makes *that* one pouty face
- they cook together
- they both love horror movies and love watching them together in the dark while holding hands