⫯ Who cares if you walk the ghost path? I'll be beside you!

Demonic Cultivator Lan Wangji

It is broad daylight. A man was hunting his prey with a solemn and dark face. His eyes glowing red as he chases one of Wen Ruohan's sons. With his black robe with blue linings and a forehead ribbon no longer white but black, he really looks like a demon out for a kill. Behind his back, many are gossiping about a seduction demon as they took one look at his face. Many are having doubts, but they are pretty sure that the man in black and blue robes is one of the Twin Jades, Lan Wangji.

The man, who is undeniably Lan Wangji, paid them no heed.

He continued to chase his prey. He burned the Cloud Recesses. Because of him, Xiongzhang had been missing.

After half an hour of chasing, he finally cornered Wen Xu. A place wherein no other disciples, Wen and the allies, will be able to see what Lan Wangji was about to do.

Wen Xu, tired of running, snarled at Lan Wangji. "Oh? The righteous member of GusuLan practicing the dark arts? Pathetic!"

Lan Wangji looked at him in a dead eye. He finally had his prey. He will make sure that Wen Xu will not come out alive after this.

"Wen Chao was the one who threw me into the Burial Mounds." That was probably the longest Lan Wangji had spoken ever since he had been thrown down the Burial Mounds.

When he brought Wei Ying back to Lotus Pier, he was ambushed by Wen Zhuliu, Wen Chao, and his mistress. Luckily enough, he managed to not get his core melted. Unluckily though, he had to survive the pain coming from his middle dantian whenever his spiritual energy is fighting off the resentful energy.

The resentful energy is overwhelming him, to the point of almost breaking his meridians. Only then did he remember what Wei Ying told the class...

"Spiritual energy is energy. Resentful energy is also energy. Spiritual energy is stored in the core. It can split mountains and fill oceans and is available for humans to use. Why can't resentful energy also be used by humans?"

He had to collect his thoughts and circulate the resentful energy together with the spiritual energy at the same time.

It was hard, pain is everywhere. Whenever he is not in control of the other it will burn through his meridians. That is why he resulted in using a musical instrument. He used a guqin, he is more familiar with a guqin. It is not Wangji, but it will do. He doesn't even know if Wangji would still accept him, with all the resentful energy inside him.

He played. His music had been disoriented at first, but he would do anything just to make it out of the Burial Mounds.

With little to no food, he never know how long had he been into the Burial Mounds. He had even tried to eat the corpses to satiate his hunger but ended up vomiting. He never tried it again.

Three months have passed, according to the villagers, since he ended up in the Burial Mounds.

His eyes, once a piercing and beautiful gold, glowed red once he was alone. He started to hunt.

Wen Xu sneered, "Well, is it my fault you are too easy to capture? What a weak Lan!"

Lan Wangji said nothing as he cornered the frantically thrashing Wen Xu, who had long fallen on his back. "It is time for you to die." He said in a monotonous voice.

"But first, let us start with your leg." He continued as his eyes glowed red once more, this time having black mist surrounding it and coming from it.