⫯ 4 Junior's Mistake is a Blessing in Disguise

Time Travel, Canon Divergence, Light Angst, Confession

 "Wei Ying-!"

"Here! I'm here!" Wei Wuxian laughed heartily, raising his hand with much difficulty.

Wei Wuxian just replaced Lan Wangji's Buddhist text with a pornographic book! Aha... Hahahaha... Lan Zhan- Lan Zhan's expression is too hilarious. Hahahahaha...

Lan Wangji unsheathed his sword. He is so discomposed that Wei Wuxian had to hastily grab his own sword. "Manners! Lan Er-Gongzi, watch your manners! I also brought my sword. If you want to fight, let us do it outside! Your Library Pavilion would be in ruins!"

"What sort of person are you?!"

"What sort of person could I be? A man!"

Wei Wuxian continued to tease the hell out of Lan Wangji that he didn't notice the four other people inside the Library.

Wei Wuxian watched in disbelief as the book was torn into millions of pieces, internally he was rejoicing that Lan Wangji did not bring it to Old Man Lan.

"Get lost!!"

"Well, well, look at you, Lan Zhan." Wei Wuxian mockingly shook his head. "Everyone says that you're a gentleman of excellence, a bright pearl in the world, carrying yourself with incomparable courtesy, so it seems that this is all there is. Didn't you know that causing noise is prohibited in the Cloud Recesses? And, you actually told me to 'get lost.' Is this the first time that you used this phrase on somebody..." Lan Wangji finally had enough and lunged at Wei Wuxian. "Get lost it is, then! Getting lost is my best skill. You don't have to see me out!" He laughed as he hopped onto the windowsill.

He jumped down the Library Pavilion but not without not noticing the four silhouettes lurking behind the bookshelf. Hmm...

Wei Wuxian proceeded to animatedly tell what happened to the group of people waiting for him.

Jiang Cheng's scolding and side comments didn't bother him and proceeded to wave it past him. As long as Lan Zhan didn't say that he doesn't like me, I will still tease him!

Wei Wuxian grimaced at him. "Tsh, go on. Go on! Outta here! Let's get outta here."

"Hmph!"

Wei Wuxian drew back. "Oh, wait. Go on without me. I forgot something!"

Jiang Cheng frowned and rolled his eyes. "Oi, Wei Wuxian! Tsk, I won't wait for you!"

"Yeah, yeah!" Wei Wuxian sticks his tongue out in response.

---

"... don't like him! I don't like Wei Wuxian! I DON'T LIKE HIM!"

There's a thud. Wei Wuxian's sword fell from his hands. There are tears prickling his eyes as he looks at Lan Wangji. He grabbed his sword harshly and left the Library Pavilion.

Jiang Cheng was right... They were all right. He doesn't like me, he really doesn't like me. He is just tolerating me. He... doesn't like me.

"Xian-"

"Wei-"

"Senior-"

"Wei Qian-"

Wei Wuxian closed his eyes and ran. He left the Cloud Recesses without looking at anyone and rent an inn in Caiyi Town.

He let his tears fall, not even bothering to wipe them.

Why does it hurt so much? He just met that fuddy-duddy, but how is he causing him so much pain just because he said that he didn't like him. He didn't even acknowledge the presence of the other four the moment that words came out of Lan Wangji's mouth.