Chapter 1: Ariah

(So, the song above is one of the two songs that actually formed the whole basis for this story. It's a really good song, I love it a lot, and the other song, Higher, is going to be at the very bottom of this chapter. I'm not a very good writer, so bear with me, y'all!)

 I close my locker with a slam as Constantine keeps jabbering beside me. He's been there since school ended ten minutes ago. You wouldn't think ten minutes would be enough time to drive a person to murder. Try ten minutes every day for the last two years being badgered by Constantine Akira, A.K.A. The Most Annoying Person on the Planet. 

"...and wear something nice for a change, Ariah. The clothes you wear now are positively disgusting. Now, I will pick you up at-"

 "Constantine, for the last time, I am not going out with you tonight, or the next night, or ever! How many times do I have to say it before you hear me!!?!?" He blinked. 

"So seven?" I slam my locker door so hard the whole row shakes and storm off. I do this every day. Constantine always tries to keep up, but then I slip sideways into a janitorial closet, effectively losing him until tomorrow. I hope he never finds my hiding place. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I slam the door shut and throw my keys into the bowl by the front door. My house is an hour and a half from school and I am still in a bad mood when I get there. I stomp down the hall, trying to escape to my bedroom, but a pair of jerks stop me. 

"Sounds like Constantine asked you out again." Observed the very tall one. He has green eyes, and brown hair like mine, and a perpetual smirk.

 "Get out of my way, Wyndar." I growled, not in the mood for my brother's antics. The other boy had floppy black hair, and a spark in his icy blue eyes. I scowled, irritated that I'd noticed his eyes. We aren't friends anymore. "That goes for you, too, Keris." He whistled.

 "Kitten's grown some claws!" He drawled. Both boys laughed loudly as I shoved past them. "Tall people." I grumble. 

"Hey!" Keris pouts, pretending to be wounded. "I'm only average height!" 

"I'm short!" I call back. "EVERYONE'S tall to me!" He laughs, and I hate myself for smiling.

I dump my backpack in my room and head for the kitchen. Chocolate is the only thing that will salvage my day. Well, chocolate and a good book. And maybe a cat. And some music. Alright, fine, I plan to lock myself in my room with my cat and eat chocolate while reading mysteries and listening to music. So sue me. I'll spend my Friday any way I want to, thank you very much.  But before I do that, there is only one thing that can calm me after a Keris encounter.

(yeah, so anything in these little parenthesis is me (Hi!) talking, not the book, in case there was some confusion. Also I don't know what happens next, so...... NEXT CHAPTER! ;0)