Chapter 9: Keris

I pace the floor, digesting what Ariah just told me. She is still sitting on the bed, watching me with a wary look. I really can't blame her. When.... it happened, we were both hurt pretty badly.

(Yay! I finally figured out italics and bold and stuff! After this one, all author's notes are going to be underlined. May as well use my new skill as often as possible, am I right? :D )

But that's not the point.

"So.... Your neighborhood was blitzed."

She nodded. "Yes, that's what I just said."

"It was burned to the ground." 

She nodded again. "Again, not really telling me anything I didn't already know."

I ignored her. "And everyone was hauled off through a temporary nexion to Earth."

(Btw, I was trying to look up a cool word for portal, and this is what I found. New word for our vocabularies, Y'all!)

"Why are you repeating literally everything I just said?"

".... So why are you here?"

Ariah gave a strangled groan and buried her head in her hands. "I came to you because you know pretty much everything about Earth. And like it or not, I need your help."

Silence threaded through the room, heavy with words that she would never say. That I would never say.

After a moment I nod. "Okay, that's fair."

She raised her head and glared at me. I couldn't stop a smirk from inching up my face. Ariah grabbed a random pillow off my bed and threw it at me. I duck, and it whizzed over my head, smacking the closet door with a thump!  I grab it and throw it back at her. It is so on.

******************************************************************

Okay, so I looked at my reads and this book is up to 35. But. Nine of those reads are on chapters I haven't even posted yet. So it's entirely possible that there are only five people who are actually reading this book. Hi, all five of you! And my brother just joined Wattpad, so there BETTER be six readers soon. Either way, I'm very interested in hearing from all of you. Do you think I should put in third-person flashback chapters about how they met and what the heck  are they are referring to when they say  it?!?!?!? I mean, it must've been pretty big to have cut them both so deeply.... 

Yes, I'm a nosy Nellie. 

Get over it.

Anywho, if you like the book so far, be sure to comment here 👉,

 vote ✔, 

 or just keep reading 📖!  

Love all five of you,

                                                                                  G.