Chapter 8: Ariah

As I stare at Keris's PJs, a giggle burst from my lips. And then another. And another. Pretty soon I was laughing so hard I actually fell down, which caused another bout of giggles. 

"Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, 'Riah. The joke's on you, though. These are actually really comfortable." The defiant look on his face didn't help. I could tell he was super embarrassed. 

"M-I-C...." I sang, just to tick him off. He narrowed his eyes. 

"K-E-Y...." "Riah, if you finish that sentence, I am going to kick you into the middle of next week," I giggled again.

 "M-O-U-S- AAAAAAHHHH!" I screamed, as he chased me around the room. I squealed when he caught me, whirling me around throwing me onto the bed and tickled me until I was laughing so hard, I couldn't breathe. Suddenly I froze, the urge to laugh gone. We'd done this before. Back when.... 

Keris realized it at the same time I did, scooting away from me. We sat there for a few minutes, trying to regain our composure. Finally, he cleared his throat. "'Ri-" He coughed, trying to backtrack, but we both winced. 

Keris was the only one who ever called me Riah. Back when we were.... Close.... Riah had been his pet name for me. I suddenly realized that he had called me that several times tonight, but I hadn't noticed. It had felt just like old times, before.... No, don't think about that. 

"Ariah, what did you come here for?" 

I look up at him and begin to speak. 

(Ok, I am not going to write the conversation that ensued, mainly because I have NO IDEA how it would have gone down. So the chapter after next is going to pick up right after she finishes telling him about the raid. Also, am I the only person who wants to find out about Keris and Ariah's mysterious back history?? I was thinking about putting in some chapters, like in the form of a separate timeline, explaining how they met and stuff. Comment if y'all want me to!)

(Literally the best part of the whole movie)