8. A Perfect Duo

It was late in the evening.

The two young witches had put Hermione's luggage in the Slytherin dorm and were crouched in their room.
The new student was settling in and was enjoying her free time with her new friend.
They both shared the subterranean room with two other girls, whose names Hermione didn't want to remember.
Bellatrix rose from her bed, strolled through the dark green decorated room, and giggled.
True floor-to-ceiling panes of glass were attached to the walls, with which one could see the black lake, a huge bed canopy was stretched over each of the down beds, and green and silver Slytherin flags hung throughout the room.
Young Black dropped her bed and pulled out a hairbrush.
"Will you help me with my hair?"
"What?" Stuttered Hermione, dropping her book.
"My hair, may I ask?"

The brown-haired witch padded on socks to the bed of the born Black and took a seat behind her. She took the brush from her, and while Hermione ran through the girl's thick, pitch-black locks, she rested her head on her lap.
Bellatrix painted the room with her dark eyes. Hermione's heart pounded, it almost popped out of her chest. The thick strands ran through her fingers.
"Why do you want to be friends with me?"
Bellatrix slowly ran her tongue over her lips and smiled slightly: "I don't want to be alone either, and you will help me."
"Help? Whereby?"
"To show them. Everyone! I'll show them that Bellatrix Black can heat this school! I'll show it to all the mudbloods and blood traitors! "

Hermione was breathing hard, noticing a twinkle in her eyes as she played with her curls.
"Bellatrix!"
"Oh come on, we're both purebloods. Are you sure that you are Slytherin? "
Young Black grinned, and Hermione leaned over her.
"Naturally. The Sorting Hat is never wrong! "
Brown met black.
To Hermione, it felt like years just looking into the depths of Bellatrix's eyes.
She didn't know that it wasn't Hermione's character that was the reason for her classification, but her thoughts, of the girl with the raven-black curls.
"Bellatrix, when is your birthday?"
The Black startled out of her reverie: "On February 9th."
February 9th.
It was September.
Damned!
Why couldn't Mrs. Malfoy tell her what month to go?
Now she had to wait for 1969.
But at that moment Hermione didn't want to be anywhere else.
Just here with Bellatrix's head on her lap and her curls in her fingers.
"Oh, call me Bella."

Early noon classroom for transformation

"Please turn to Advanced Metamorphosis," McGonagall spoke in a harsh voice and waved her wand around briefly.
The boy who was sitting next to Hermione on the almost rotten school desk groaned.
"Yes, the learning theory is also required, Mr. Yaxley," Replied the professor.
The witch with the shaggy head of hair was about to open her copy when a ball of paper hit her hard on the head.
"Ow!" Hermione unfolded the piece of paper and just read.
-You and I - Head Girls-
The new student turned back inconspicuously and met Bellatrix's gaze, who just grinned diabolically. Shortly after class, Bellatrix was waiting for her friend in front of the classroom and holding her by the cloak.
"And? What are you saying?"
"Bella, you are crazy!"
"I know that, but what do you say?"

Hermione crossed her arms and looked up, right into the pale face with the jet black eyes.
"I'm new, Bella, nobody knows me, why should I be a Head Girl?"
Bellatrix raised the corners of her mouth: "It's easy. I am a strong leader and you are lovely. We are a perfect duo! "
"Bella -"
"Listen! Every student will choose us! "
Hermione hurried through the seemingly endless hallways, followed by her friend.
"I can't stop you anyway, can I?"
"No. Never. So what now?"
"Ok, but you have to listen to me."
"Yes, doll!" Laughed Bellatrix and slapped the student on the shoulder.