28. Of Muggle Presents And Soft Kisses

"Licorice, Licorice, come to Mummy."

Bellatrix lifted a small, pitch-black cat that had snow-white paws with both hands and placed it on her lap.

"You see, doll. This here is Licorice." The Black-born's gaze fell on her friend, who was now stroking the little animal with the one bent ear.

Crookshanks, she longed so suddenly for her cat.

Was he doing well with Mum and Dad?

He certainly was.

The four girls sat on the warming carpet wrapped in thick jumpers.

Under a magnificently decorated Christmas tree, both large and small presents lay piled on top of each other, and if you looked very closely, you could see the ones Hermione had bought.

Mr. Black hobbled over to his daughters on crutches and dropped into one of the chairs: "Well, have you opened your presents yet?" He murmured in a brittle voice.

"No father, but we were just about to." Replied Andromeda, kneeling over the pile of wrapping paper.

"I think this is from Lucius." Narcissa picked up a blue present.

"That's mine." Andy interrupted.

It had already started snowing when the sound of rustling paper was heard.

Narcissa unwrapped a new brush, several rings, three silk dresses, and Hermione's small pearl bracelet, for which the youngest Black sister gave her a laugh.

Andromeda received several books on botany, astronomy, and the history of magical politics, a lipstick that changed color depending on her mood, several woolen jumpers and new quills, as well as colorful ink.

The eldest Black sister neatly tore off the fabric bow and was delighted with an emerald green robe with her silver initials on the back, a book about the greatest wizards in history, new boots, as well as a poster of a famous wizard even Hermione didn't know and a self-painted picture of Cissy and Andromeda showing the whole family.

Bellatrix took little Licorice on her lap again and stroked her fluffy fur.

She reached for her hot chocolate and took a hearty sip.

A little while later, the two of them were squatting on the bed of the born Black.

But it wasn't just the two witches, no, the family cat had also joined them and made herself comfortable on Hermione's lap.

"Since when is she yours?"
"Not mine, ours." Bellatrix leaned back and looked up at the ceiling, "Father gave her to us exactly a month before he was admitted to St. Mungos. We didn't know about his condition at the time. He did - " She paused and gasped.

Fake Selwyn grasped her friend's hand and slowly ran her thumb over the back of Bella's hand.

Now, however, she sat up and held a still-wrapped present in front of Hermione.

The little cassette.

"You haven't opened it yet?" The brown-haired student tilted her head.

"I wanted to see your face, doll." She explained with a smirk on her lips.

As the young Black held the small cassette in her hands, she took a deep breath, "Muggle music? Doll?"
"Please just listen to it. It's all the rage in France now." Lied Hermione, searching her eyes for something to play the music.