Chapter #2#

I dedicate this chapter to saaa_writes. She's really one in a million and one of the best to talk to.

Drake's POV

I saw her broken state and tried comforting her which was almost a waste of effort.

She explained everything in detail but she didn't experience how her dad stabbed her mum.

"I'm only left with this." She says shoving a picture to my face.

"Who's this?" I ask of the man in the picture.

"Biological dad". She answered without the 'my'. Wonder why she didn't put it.

I turned to see the back of the picture and there was some kind of a note.

"Your mum wrote something."
I drew her attention to what was written there but she looked uninterested.

"My mum wrote that. I don't want to read it."
I heard depression clear in her voice.

"I never knew you had the ability to shy away from reality." I mocked her even though I wasn't supposed to be doing so at this particular time.
Well, I've got to make her read the note.

She grasped the picture from my hold and started reading it aloud.

"Mum really tried squeezing her writing to fit this medium sized picture."
I didn't even know if it was a complaint or not.

"The letter goes thus;
You gave me this picture to keep for you at age five. Then you were still too young so you probably have no memories of it. Your life depended on this picture because of the way you withheld it and didn't agree giving it to me. You said it was your dad and should give it back to you when you grow older. I'm sorry I got greedy after saving you from those burning flames. I didn't tell you cause I was afraid of losing my daughter.
I hope you find him soon."

She stopped reading as I could see the tears filling her eyes.
She tried so much to keep it together, but it still fell, rolling down her cheeks.

I tried using my hand to wipe it off, but she already did.

"The question is, is your biological dad still alive?" I asked.

"I mean only your mum knew almost everything because she didn't mention your mum. I guess she doesn't know about your mum." I tried putting the clues together to unravel the puzzle.

"Mum's soul will rest in heaven. Drake, you've got to go."
She was actually chasing me away.

"And what makes you think I would leave you here?"
I ask with a determined mind of not leaving without her.

"I won't be here. I'll kill Mr. Grey."
She looked determined with so much rage.

"Snap out of it Emerald. Your mum won't want her husband killed." I tried convincing.

"That's true. If I didn't come into their lives, they'll still be happy with children running around."

I thought she was giving up which was a good thing, but no!

"Then I should die since I'm the cause of all this." She blurted out.

"Emerald!" I scolded.

"Let's pinky swear on something." She proposed.

"What is it?" I ask

"You're not allowed to tell anyone about my biological dad and how my dad killed my mum. Your mum is an exception."

"You're leaving right?" I ask even when I know.

She simply nodded.

"Promise you'll come back. Alive and well." I added.

"I'm Emerald. Emerald is a special gem." Was her short reply.

Not even death will part us.

                 💎💎💎💎

I called Emerald so many times but didn't get any response.
I was starting to get anxious. I called one last time only to hear an unknown voice.

The unknown person narrated how Emerald got hit and the name of the hospital the x person took her to.

I went to the hospital with mum. Mum already knew everything just because I told her.

On getting to the hospital, after going through some procedures, we were led to Emerald's body without a life support.

The doctor was already covering her face with a shroud.

"Stop! Let me see." I pleaded with the doctor.
He gave a slight nod and stepped backwards.

I opened the shroud to see Emerald's pale skin.
"It's truly Emerald."

The fact just dawned on me that Emerald was dead.

A/N:
Okay! This chapter has come to an end. I know there might be some flaws I didn't notice. Well I'm not perfect.
So I'm going into the major story where the demons come into action.

Topic for the day:
If you were an alien, what powers would you love to possess.
For me, I would say... Teleporting.

Please don't forget to comment whether you like or hate.
Please do vote and follow for more💖.