Chapter #8#

I dedicate this chapter to everyone reading this book.
***
******

Emerald's POV

I went to the bathroom after leaving Mrs Carol's office.
"So, you're here". A voice came from behind while I was rinsing my hands.

I looked through the mirror to see Melanie. What does she want? I brought out my phone to catch a thief.

"Flaunting your phone". She said in disbelief as she laughed hysterically.

Let's say for now.

"Mel I'm not your problem". I say facing her. I wanted her to say something because I know she knows something about this.
Maybe she could confess something.

"No, You are". She says with much fury.

Why does she hate me? That's a question for later. Focus!

"You acted all tough and smart but you are none of those". She smiled with so much pride.

What does she mean? I raise a brow propelling her to say more.

"You know. It didn't take me anything to slip my phone into your bag. You are dumb and now you have to apologise to me. Isn't that the best thing that can ever happen to me? I'm awaiting your apology Emerald" She laughed wildly turning on her heels.

"I should be waiting for yours". I say making her stop in her track.

"What do you mean by that?" She asks turning fully to face me with her arms crossed over her chest.

I play the audio I just recorded and she was staring at me with so much hate.

"I was flaunting my phone you know. To catch the real thief". I say just to scare her.

She steps away from the door.

"Go. You can tell them for all I care". She says even when I see she's shaking.

"Let's meet in class then". I say before leaving.
***
******

Getting to the class, my desk was already full of writings saying
Bitch. Rot in hell. You're a thief. Die! and so many more.

"How can she walk so confidently back into this class?" A girl said loudly enough for me to hear.

"She's shameless. If it were me, I would just die". Another said.

I'm half dead. There's no need dying again. Thank God Drake is no where in sight.

When everyone was settled in the class, I started.

"I'm really sorry for the inconveniences I put you all through. I apologize from the depth of my heart". I ended.

I could see the shock in Melanie's eyes.

"So you're admitting you stole the phone?" A boy asked.

"Yes". I answered

"Why are you doing this?" Melanie asked standing from her seat causing everyone to snap there heads to her.
"She didn't steal the phone. I misplaced and she kept it for me. Case closed". She lied.

She walked towards me and pulled me out of the class to the hallway.

"Don't pull me. I'm not a toy". I pull my hands away from her grip.

"Why did you do that? You could have just exposed me why are you taking the blame? You think I would thank you? Well you're wrong. You see, I am..."

"Shut up Mel, I don't want you to thank me. Save it. Besides you also helped didn't you?" I ask wondering why she did that.
Was it guilt?