Chapter #7#

I dedicate this chapter to miriamhenry7. She's a pretty, good, real  and adorable friend of mine.
****
******

Emerald's POV

"Where were you?" Drake asked standing at the door of our house with folded arms above his chest.

"I had plans". I replied shortly.

"With?" He continued his interrogations.

"Darren".

"Why?"

Ugh. I was stressed so why won't he usher me in and serve me a cold juice or something.

"When did you start playing the role of a detective or rather 'my father'?" I asked with annoyance.

"Here. I got you this". He handed a phone to me.

"Wow. For me? You're such a darling". I flashed him my best smile totally forgetting I was tired.

"What did you save your number as?" I asked about checking the contacts.

"Wait. Let me call you so you see for yourself".

What's the difference?

Seconds later, my phone rings. I stare at the caller ID in disbelief.

"Seriously?"

"What?" He asked feigning ignorance.

"Isn't this too much of a name? The most handsome boy in the world". I read aloud since he's pretending like he wasn't the one that saved it like that.

"It's the fact. I'm handsome. Too handsome for your own good. Let's go in". He said stepping away from the doorway.
****
******

I sat on the rooftop of our house as the Pinewest's lights glowed with so much beauty.

"What a beautiful sight!" I sigh.

"Yes it is".

I snapped my head to the direction of that voice.

"Elder, you scared me half to death". I say in horror.

"Should I blow a whistle and shout 'Elder is here'." He asked sarcasm dripping from every word he said.

"What's with people and being sarcastic? Besides have you decided to help me?" I asked anxiously.

"I considered it. I would help a little. But at the end of your journey if you don't get your memory back, you'll be a 'goner' then". He said laying more emphasis on goner.

"Why is that so?" I ask perturbed

"To be sincere you had 62 days not hundred. I followed orders. You know when it's close to the end of your journey and you find nothing, you'll come back". He ended the speech that didn't sit well within me.

"62?? How many days left now?! Why are you just telling me??!" I ask with fear.

"A month is almost gone. About 35 days, 19 hours..."

"Cut that crap out of it. You're saying I have 35 days. As a matter of fact today is already gone so I have 34 days. But I've found nothing!" Realisation dawning on me.

"I said I'll help". He reminds me.

"A little". I completed.

"Why don't you ask Drake. He was your living diary". He suggested

"He doesn't talk. He'll say it's still too early for me to know. I might faint out of shock or whatever. What nonsense. My life depends on my secret. I actually thought I have enough time".