Chapter #6#

I dedicate this chapter to Jacqueline_Emery. She's one of the most amazing people ever.
You can follow her too.
***
******

Melanie's POV

I don't know why my parents get me to ride to school with my sister. It would be better if they could get me my own driver if they didn't want to get me a car.

"Mel I have apologized to you countless times now. I didn't you were allergic to prawns".
Melinda apologized.

Oh good lord. If she could keep shut. I don't want to forgive her.

"You know the problem is not the prawns. It's you. You're my problem. You're always better. Brilliant, always loved". I said annoyance and jealousy getting the best part of me.

If only my parents would think of me apart from work. When they get back, they are either in Melinda's room or in their room. My dad in his stupid study.

"I'm not always loved Mel. I'm only..."

I cut her off

"The better twin. I'm sure you love that title". I said getting out of the car.

I stomp my feet angrily as I sighted Drake and Emerald coming out of their car.

Weird! When did they start coming to school together.

I walk towards them to see Emerald leaping.

"Hey!" I greeted both of them in the best way I could.

"Hi". They responded in unison.

"What happened to your leg?" I ask Emerald even if I was less concerned.

"I fell off the stairs". She responded.

"Would you help her to get to the nurse without pulling any pranks?" Drake asked.

I know I tore her project work then and sent a picture of her hugging a man but I'm not in the mood for him reminding me of my old tricks.

"I would". I said through gritted teeth. I wouldn't have helped if not for Drake.

Melinda rushed up to us.

"Oh my! Emerald what happened?"
I roll my eyes. Playing the better twin again!

"Why don't you just help her instead!" I said walking off.

***
******

It was time for sports and I was good at swimming. That was the only thing I was good at but my parents were never supportive.
Besides Emerald was better at swimming. I always get to be the second best.

"Is something wrong?" Nora my best friend asks

"Yes". I respond.

"What is it?"

"Everyone is wrong with me. My sister plays the better twin, Emerald is always with the person I like, Everyone thinks I'm a sadist. I don't know anything anymore!" I sigh in exasperation.

"Mel. Live your life without thinking anyone is better than you. Once you do, you won't have time for yourself".

I shut my eyes and walk out. The last thing I would want is to listen to any speech. I wonder how I'm friends with her.

****
******
Everyone is in their various clubs. I sneaked out of the swimming hall since I wasn't in the mood for anything today.

Walking around the school, I saw Emerald talking to herself.

"Elder please help me". She yelled in horror.

"I don't even know myself very well. I am stuck! I have less than 90 days".