TWELVE

* * *

"You're a lizard, Laurie,"

Ally says, a little bit frustrated. She gapes at the other Ravenclaw student. Just how can she expect her to help when she's being like this.

A fucking lizard.

Among other animals existing on this earth, Lauren chooses to transform herself into this. A tiny ass ugly household lizard. The shorter Ravenclaw girl thought it's just Lauren showing her animagus form. But it's not.

Lauren can transform herself into any animal of her choosing.

Or any magical beast. But she hasn't had enough practice for that.

"Of all the common creatures, you choose to be a lizard? Whyyy??!"

The tiny gray thing that is Lauren in her lizard form perched on an ancient wooden globe only tilts her triangular head, blinking her still green eyes at Ally.

"Come on, Laurie! I need your help on this one!"

Ally Brooke is another fifth year Ravenclaw student who isn't as snobbish and haughty as most of the other students. But just like any other Ravenclaw, she loves burying herself in books and can absorb knowledge more than her four foot eleven stature can accomodate and she's very intelligent. However, this time around, she somewhat struggles in making a potion that was due in their class at the end of that week.

And among other things that she's particularly good at, Lauren has showed quite an impressive aptitude when it comes to making potions.

The shorter Ravenclaw needs the lizard's help.

"Please Laurie! Please return to your human self and help me! Just tell me what in Merlin's beard am I doing wrong with this potion?! The others aren't as good as you and I don't—"

Ally was cut short by a heavy thud of a book slammed on the desk behind her. She closes her mouth shut seeing who it was and stares with wide eyes. She's heard all about Camila Cabello; she's seen her alright. Who hasn't anyway in the five years they spent studying in Hogwarts; who hasn't heard of the infamous spawn of the serial murderer. Not as frequent encounters but on occasion she does, it was quite an intimidating experience.

The girl can throw a hex like a pro. You don't wanna be on the receiving end of that.

She gets startled once more when lizard Lauren jumps onto her shoulder, stops a moment to stare at the Slytherin girl who was looking back curiously at them, then jumps down to the floor. Quickly hiding underneath the shelves.

Her slightly bluish tail wiggling behind her.

Ally hisses in slight irritation, "Laurie!"

"Was that Lauren? The lizard?"

"Uhh—," Ally nods. She steps back away from Camila.

"You know I don't bite, right?" Camila tells her in a flat tone. Not smiling. Not waiting for an answer either, she takes a seat by the desk. She starts browsing the pages of the book, but all her senses were tuned to what was going on with Ally and her search for the runaway lizard that is Lauren.

"Y-yeah, sure . . ."

"Psst!!"

Both Ally and Camila turn to that psst-ing corner between the shelf and the wall and finds Lauren, finally in her human form, trying to be inconspicuous.

"Lend me your robe!" She whisper-yells.

Being the OCD that she is, Ally was hesitant of letting anyone else wear her robe, "You're naked?! That doesn't make sense, Laurie. When you shift from your animagus back to your human form, your clothes usually come along with you somehow. How come you're fully naked?"