̗̀♡ deimos x hurt reader

surprise pt.2

fuck...what happened? you were sitting on doc's exam table, unable to recall anything that happened before. just as you were checking your surroundings an excruciating pain came from your right shoulder, bringing some of your memories back. you were on a mission and you slipped up and got shot. your barely managed to make it out alive but you were sure you passed out after. and if you passed out...then who-

"oh! you're awake! thank god you're okay" deimos smiled from across the room, hopping out of his seat and running to your side. you were a little embarrassed to have him see you like this to be honest. you cost them the entire mission, shouldn't he be upset? "yeah i'm fine. how was the mission? is everyone else okay?" you were a little frantic to know, since hank is pretty scary when you guess mess up. "the mission went totally fine! but i think you should stop worrying about everything else and worry about how you're feeling." huh. how you're feeling...you never really thought about yourself that much. how were you feeling? now that he mentions it, that warm feeling in your chest when you get around him. did you have a crush? jeez you don't remember having a crush on someone since you were a child. but when this realization set in you soon became hyper aware of his presence. the way he's looking down at you with worry, and his rough hand rubbing your back in circles, trying to soothe you but somehow making you more nervous.  this was way too much.

"i'll be fine deimos, you can go back to the base now" you reasoned with him. "nope. doc said i had to take care of you until he gets back!" "...when is he coming back?" "tomorrow"  a whole night, alone, with him. you weren't sure if you were cursed or blessed by this. for the first couple hours, you and deimos spoke back and forth about your childhoods and what little you could remember. surprisingly, deimos was a pretty shy kid. you were both having fun until that pain came again, and deimos could obviously tell something was wrong. "are you okay? oh...does it hurt again?" deimos turned to the desk at the side of the room and shuffled through some drawers before he found a first aid kit. "doc said to change the bandages every few hours, so..." you were confused on why he trailed off, until he realized your jacket was covering the wound. "oh! right, i'll take it off" you pulled down your sleeve until he could see the wound and he got to work.

you watched him as he did. he apologized every time you winced in pain from the alcohol, and did his best to cover the wound. but you watched him. and you kept watching him. his eyebrows furrowed when he was focused, and he bit his lip when he made a mistake, and large hands nearly circling your arm— he was driving you crazy. and he didn't even know it. "deimos" you suddenly called his name. he perked up at you curiously, not aware of the close proximity you guys were already in. "i, um, well" you struggled with your words, not really sure where you were going with this, but the tension was broken with a hearty laugh from deimos. "what? are you going to confess to me?" you went silent. "wait, really?"" deimos jumped back from his position next to you, unsure if it was from excitement or disgust.

"oh my god, you don't know how long i've liked you? this is unreal. wow" you were left stupefied at his reaction, he sounded like he just won the lottery. you couldn't help but just look at him with big eyes as he continued his victory speech. "i've been staring at you so much i thought you would've noticed by now! but are you actually serious? do you like me..is this a prank?" of course you were happy but his reaction was more than you excepted. "why are you so, excited? it's just me" ah you swear deimos could have gotten whiplash from the way he turned to face you. "are you kidding? you're so amazing...i'm surprised sanford didn't get to you before i did. i mean it!"

"i think you're so perfect"