̗̀♡ hank x sick reader

hey everyone i do not have an upload schedule i just randomly post two chapters in the middle of the day

you were sick. you didn't know when this sudden illness took over, but it became more than clear when you all were on a mission, and all of a sudden while fighting some grunts you felt light headed and collapsed. you didn't remember much after, but when you woke up you realized you were in bed. you could've swore all that was a dream, but when a splitting headache rang in your skull, and your chest suddenly became heavy, you realized it was all too painfully real.

you breathed in, getting ready to let out a hefty cough until your breath got caught in your throat. hank was sitting there. staring. as if when his eyes moved you'd suddenly disappear. you assumed hank was the one that carried you here, since about a week prior he confessed his feelings to you in an odd but still endearing way. he wrote you a letter in long, scratchy handwriting detailing his feelings for you, written in blood (because i doubt there's pens in nevada).

"you're awake" he let out, his raspy voice breaking the silence. "yeah" you replied, shuffling in your bed, trying to find a position to make your headache less excruciating. you knew hank was new at this whole dating thing, but it all felt so...awkward. even though you're both together now it feels like how it was before, only exception being he'd bring you some cool looking guns as some sort of gift.

you side eyed hank, peeking at his fixed expression on his hands. what was he thinking so hard about? did he not want to be with you anymore? maybe this was all a mistak— "if you need anything, just tell me" his words were rough but sincere. he'd never did anything like this before he wasn't the best at comforting and usually settled with a pat on your back, but you can't say you're complaining. and now that you think about it, you were a little thirsty. "actually, can i have some water?" you asked softly, trying not to lose the little voice you had left. hank nodded and got up. fast. it surprised you yourself how quickly he went to get it for you.

you waited idly, picking at your fingers and wondering if he was ever coming back at all, but when your bedroom door creaked open you saw hank—holding around 8 bottles of water. your eyes widened at how much he actually got, and figured out why he was taking so long. he got all of this for you. he put them down on the bedside table next to you and sat back down. "i-i didn't know how much you needed, so i just got as much as i could carry. sorry." you never knew nevada's most notorious killer could be so cute.

you shook your head. "no, thank you this is perfect" you reached over to grab a bottle but hank stopped you. he took one of the bottles and cracked it open for you with ease, holding it with his hand out. a small smile graced your face as you happily accepted the bottle and drank some, hank taking the bottle and closing it again when you finished.

you both sat in comfortable silence for a little, until he asked again. "do you need anything? anything at all? i could get it." to be honest, you didn't really need anything at the moment, but you wanted to relish in the feeling of being pampered by hank. you told him you were hungry. you've never seen hank cook, so you were curious of what he'd bring back.

a few clanks of pots and pans later, hank returned with a bowl. what was inside the bowl you anticipated. you half expected some unidentified black substance that was bubbling over, but when he came closer you saw it was just, plain soup. instinctively, you tried to grab the bowl yourself but hank once again stopped you. hank could tell this would be a common occurrence, so he decided to make himself clear. "i'm going to take care of you. don't do anything." with the tone of his voice, this was not up for debate. he carefully fed you, sometimes lightly brushing his fingers over your lips when it'd fall there. it was hard to tell with his goggles and his mask but, he looked almost happy to care for you? his posture perked up and he was always ready to give you something you needed.

when you finished he asked that faithful question again. "do you need anything else?" you pondered, you really didn't need anything else, but you felt a little extra bold today. "mhm, it's kind of cold in here, can you lay with me?" now his breath caught in his throat. he slowly but surely shuffled himself into the bed, stiffly laying down. you took this opportunity to place yourself under his arm, wrapping yours around his chest. and what a great idea this was. he was so warm...and his pounding heartbeat was enough to put you to sleep.

a/n i noticed a lot of mc x reader books are becoming discontinued so i'll try to keep this book alive for as long as possible , if you want requests please go to the '⭐️' chapters and give me more ideas. have a gooooood day