Chapter 5

It took me three days to get better before my Mother and Hailey decided that I was well enough to go back to school. Since that three days Mother has stopped acting like she was next in line for the happy house, and Hailey stopped staying over, and accidentally left that weird journal that she had with her around (again), me thankfully finding it before my Mother did. Since then, my friend Gracie has also been ranting about the new kid in school name Lucius, who she claims is scary and yet very attractive at the same time, whatever that means.

Ever since those three days, I also had this weird agitated feeling, like there was something that I wanted to do or see or something, but I had no idea what it was, let alone why I had it. Jokingly when it got almost to the point that I couldn't stand it I thought jokingly that maybe that the journal might have some alleged answer or something. Yet, I never looked in it for fear my Mother would see me reading it and freak out just by seeing it. The thought of that, always made my stomach curl.

At around 9:15 my Mother then drove me to school, the whole time this agitated feeling that I was having getting worse, to the point that it was driving me insane. It made me wonder if this was the feeling that Mother ever had when she had her nervous attacks.

Once my Mother then dropped me off at school and drove off, I then decided since I had thirty minutes left until school started I was going to look through the journal and then see if there was anything in it that gave me some answers.

I then started for the hallway where my locker was, and once I got to my locker got the normal stuff that I needed out of it out, and then sat on the floor and got the journal out, going through the pages randomly until I found one that looked promising and began to read.

Since 1348, in some myths, there has always been the fear of a nameless magical creature, almost like a wizard or sorcerer of some sort. This magical creature is said to look human except for their strange red eyes and that they had long jet black hair with odd streaks of colors like yellow, red, aqua, white, and many other colors in them. Why they are feared, is a very interesting story, and one that has enough proof to be possibly a true story at that.

This un-named creature had had a small camp where they lived in the country of China, near the Silk Road. They had actually lived peacefully with the travelers, even helped them, on the deal that they never told anyone that they existed, and anyone that did, payed for what they did with death. One day, there was said to be a few preists that went on the Silk Road, most stories say because they were trying to spread their religion. On their way they saw these un-named wizard-like creatures, and they saw them doing some kind of magcial thing, like levitating something out of the way or something. These people, being strong Chrisitians thought that this was a work of the devil (which, as most supernatural creatures they don't even though they originate from the underworld). Soon, they told the people of England and they created a small army to destroy them. The army won, "supposedly" killing most of them, with some of them fleeing. It is said that they cursed what was known of the world with a terrible and fatal plague because of what the small army did to them. Since then there have been no sightings other than this creature.

Afterwards there was nothing but pictures and what not, and evidently, those didn't interest me, and I put the journal away, noting that in truth it really didn't help my agitation, which seemed to only be getting worse.

 "Casey! You're finally here!"

Grace soon was right next to me, hugging me and squealing happily.

"Yeah, my Mother let me go today." I replied, and Grace looked at me with confusion.

"I thought that she was stil insane." Grace commented, and I shrugged.

"She finally became sane, not totally sane, but sane nonetheless." I explained, and she nodded.

"Have you seen the new guy yet?" Grace asked, and groaned, annoyed by her mentioning him for the hundreth time.

"No, I just got here." I whined, and she crossed her arms, one of her bushy brown eyebrown raised.

"What happned to you? You never whine like this!'" Grace asked.

"Just feel agitated, like I want to see or do something but I don't know what it is." I replied, and she nodded.

"That, I have never seen happen to you." Grace stated, and I nodded.

Ring! Ring!

"Really? Bell? Seriously? Oh well, see you in a bit, and I think that you have first period with that new kid." Grace said, waving and walking to her class.

I then went to my own as always, not paying much attention to the class and sitting in the back of the room in the very left corner. I then put my backpack down, with my agitated feeling only getting worse now, and now very quickly. It was so bad now that I just wanted to scream, like that might help, and I had to stop thinking altogether to stop myself from actually doing such things as scream.

"You're in my seat."

"What the hell do you want? There aren't even freaking assigned seats in this class!" I then snapped quite loudly, looked around me.

When I looked around me, something absolutely odd happened. What I saw, was a taller guy, he was pale, and somewhat muscular, but not that much. He had long black wavy hair that went to his chest, and he had the oddest eyes, they were yellow and flecked with red dots, and they almost possessed you. When I looked at him though, all of my agitation went away, as if he was what I wanted to see, and all of a sudden I felt calm.

"I don't care, this is my seat. You can have the one next to me if you want though." The guy then responded.

"Sure." I then said quietly, bringing myself to the seat next to his.

Well, that must be the infamous Lucius, I thought, glancing at him from time to time, seeing as he was now totally oblivious to me, but he was writing in his planner and looking at the clock constantly, as if there was something important that was supposed to be happening.

After a few minutes the bell rang, and everyone became silent, and Mr. Fairbanks came out of his office, then looking at everyone. When I saw him, it made my stomach sick, since there had been rumors he had been the kidnapper of Jill, and more than likely, they were right. As always too, he got his clipboard from his desk and then began to call role. As always also, everyone responded, even Lucius, even though he sounded quite demonic when he responded, something that somehow Mr. Fairbanks didn't notice, like he expected it or something.

Soon he started class as usual, and I as always spaced out, still glancing at Lucius every once and a while, who had his eyes glued to Mr. Fairbanks, as if he as analyzing his every move.

What is up with that guy? I thought this, then looking at the board, pretending to be listening, let alone caring.

Little did I know, about how weird he actually was.