Sixteen | Window Boy

N Y L A D Y L A N S

The only class I actually love working in groups in is math class. I have my three best friends and I don't need anyone else.

Out of Delaney's request, we are working in the hallway. I am sure the AC is broken because it is disgustingly humid in the classroom. And I know what humidity feels like. Especially after living in the South for five years.

I keep writing my answers down as the other three are talking about going to the Presley Haunted House next weekend. I have an essay to do and it is due next Friday at 11:59. My mind automatically rejects the idea.

Speaking of essay, I am more than halfway done. If I continue writing at this speed I should be done on Tuesday, giving me the rest of the days after to edit and revise.

Delaney runs off to the bathroom leaving me with the two guys. I reach over and take Atlas' paper and copy the rest of the answers down. He is way too accelerated for this type of stuff. I take my time during math problems but he is the speedy one in the group.

Dakota has already put his paper away in his binder, not sparing a second glance at it.

I lean against the cold white wall, bending my knees, leaning my binder against my thighs.

"I am going to puke. I just saw a couple giving off way too much PDA in the hallway." Delaney says, sitting next to me.

School is not the place to be making out with people. Seriously, just wait till you get home. Seeing people sucking on each other's faces is not what I want to see at seven in the morning.

Delaney's voice lowers down to a whisper. "I forgot to show you this. I woke up to a bunch of text messages from At this morning. He was so embarrassed because of last night and I couldn't stop laughing." She shows me the pictures he sent her. "He told me he accidentally had flash on and blinded himself."

I can't help the laugh coming out of my mouth when I scroll to these text messages.

DELANEY REID MY DAD HEARD FROM ANNELIESE WHAT HAPPENED AND HE IS MAKING ME WATCH THE MOVIE WITH MY MOM... AGAINNNNN.

HE SAID HE WONDERS WHO HE GOT IT FROM!! WTF IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN???

UPDATE MY MOM IS MAKING ME A SODA POP COSTUME

HELLOOOOOO LANEYYYYY ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SLEEPING???

LANEYYYYYY

Fine. I see how it is. Goodnight. See you in the morning.

"Oh no..." Atlas stresses as he zooms something up on his phone. Being my nosey self I sit up straighter, wanting to see what is making him have this regretful look on his face. He frantically types on his phone then turns his screen to show us a picture. His face turns straight but the rest of us can't help but crack a smile.

His mom sent him a picture of the outfit he is dared to wear on Halloween.

"Now that is something you should wear at the Haunted House this weekend. It will scare everyone including the kids and Adults." Dakota comments and Atlas covers his eyes, shaking his head in disbelief.

"I didn't think she was being serious."

I take a second look at the picture. "Why are you complaining? You can pull off a red flannel."

"With Jeans?" He stresses. "I hate wearing jeans."

Delaney interferes. "Sweatpants won't complete the look, either. You have to go all out."