Lost in Language

Hazel grinned at the children sitting at her and Amity's feet, captivated by the story the two were telling.
""What do you think you're doing?"" Amity said, holding the book out for the children to see. ""We're your friends and we wanna help." Said the Tin Boy with a yelp. Otabin smiled and paced the floor."
""I've never had real friends before!"" Hazel said in a squeaky voice. Amity smiled. ""Then we'll be your first." The Chicken Witch clucked. Otabin couldn't believe his luck! So, Bookmaker Otabin surrounded by friends, bound a book of friendship and that's the end."
The green-haired witch closed the book, and the small children applauded. Amity's familiar alarm went off once more.
Hazel waved the children bye as they left. "Thank you so much!" They said.
One kid hugged Amity's and Hazel's leg, much to the demon's surprise. "Good-bye, Miss Amity and Miss Hazel. Thank you!" He said in a deep voice. Amity pat his head. "Thank you, Braxas. See you next time."
Braxas ran off, and Hazel sighed. "I think I'm getting better." She said. Amity chuckled. "They're really warming up to you, that's for sure."
Amity's amber eyes surveyed around the room, making sure that no more children remained. She does a double take, however, when she noticed a figure crouched behind a book shelf, hiding under a book. It was Luz.
Amity's normal attitude towards the human returned, and she glared at the human. "Ugh! You." She groaned. Hazel turned her gaze to the human, surprised. When did she get there?
Luz stood up. "Amity!" She started, dropping the book on the floor. "Whoop. Reading to kids. Wow. Looks like this sour lemon drop has a hidden sweet centre." She commented. Amity scoffed, picking up the book the human dropped. "It's for extra credit. Don't get your leggings in a bunch." She walked back into the room, as Luz leaned toward Hazel. "You never told me you and Amity were friends!" She whispered. Hazel chuckles nervously. "I uhm..." She stuttered. "I...didn't think you'd like her. She's actually really sweet when you get to know her. Don't tell her I said that!" She added quickly, and Luz giggled. "Don't worry, I won't."
Luz followed after Amity, leaving Hazel to pick up some more books the children had left out. "Hey, I could help with the kids! We could take turns reading. And do voices! I do the best Monster voice." The human said, making her voice sound robotic.
Amity slammed her pile of books on the table, startling Hazel as the witch turned angrily to Luz. "Human! Do you see me going to the Owl Shack and bugging you while you...fry up owls?" She scoffed, crossing her arms. "Okay, I don't really know what you two do there," she gestured to Hazel, and all the demon could do was watch silently as Amity continued. "But every time you come near me, I get in trouble. Just leave me alone."
Luz backed up. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She said in a hurt manner. Turning around, she began to walk away. Amity raised her hand to stop her, but didn't. The human walked by Hazel, who followed her. "Luz, wait-"
The human groaned, bumping her fist against her forehead. "So much for befriending rivals. How did you do it?" She asked Hazel sadly. The two paused in the doorway. Hazel glanced back at Amity, who went back to cleaning up. "I just hung out with her, and learned the things she likes." She replied simply. Luz shook her head. "Well I can't do that if she doesn't let me."
"You gonna let her get to you like that?"
The two girls looked up to find two students. Both had green hair and amber eyes, and seemed almost identical. They got up, and headed toward Luz and Hazel, carrying a rabbit lunch bag. "Who are you?" Luz asked curiously.
"Well-wishers on a mission." The guy responded. "A noble quest." The girl added.
"Watch this. Hey, Mittens!" The guy called out. Immediately, Amity's face turned red, as she stalked over to the two students. The guy held up the lunch bag. "Mom says stop forgetting your lunch. And stop being a jerk to your friend."
Amity snatches the lunch bag. "She is not my friend." Amity stated, gesturing to Luz. The human looked down sadly, as the girl puts an arm around her. "Yeah, makes sense. She seems too cool for you." She smirked. Luz was awestruck.
"You three can leave now." She growled, walking back into the kids corner. Hazel followed her, watching the two students lead Luz away.
Amity muttered under her breath. "Ugh, I can't with those two!" She groaned, putting the lunch bag down. Hazel pointed a thumb in the twins direction. "Who were they?" She asked the green-haired witchling. Amity sighs. "They're my siblings, Edric and Emira. They're so annoying. Siblings, am I right?" She chuckled the last part. Hazel tilted her head, confused. "Sib...lings?" She questioned.
Amity seemed surprised by the question. "Yeah. You know, brothers and sisters? Children from the same parents?" She explained. Hazel started sweating. "Oh! Yeah, yeah, I have one of those." She said, chuckling nervously, a pink flush on her cheeks. How could she be so stupid. She really needs to look at a book that explained normal things to her.
Amity raised a brow, surprised. "Really? What's their name?" She asked. Hazel's face dropped. If I tell her about No. 5....no, she can't know. "Her name's...Violet." She stammered after a long and awkward pause. She should've just kept her mouth shut.
Amity hummed. "That's cool. I'd like to meet her one day." She said, finishing putting the books away. Hazel rubbed the back of her neck, looking off to the side. "I-i...better be going." She mumbled. "See you later, Amity."