Something Ventured, Someone Framed

It was a bright and sunny day in the Boiling Isles. Inside Hexside, a classroom full of students surrounded various objects. These were the Human Appreciation Society, and one student was marvelling at the various human items, all labelled.

Hazel's eyes widened in amazement at the objects. The demon had decided to join Gus's club after he mentioned he had one back at the Convention. She hung onto the President's every word, fascinated. Gus fixed up his crown, as he presented the objects to the class.
"Behold! The wonders of the human realm!" Gus announced, picking up something named the "Pay-per-clorp". "And this little fella's one of their most valued objects. It aids in the compiling of printed wisdom, the scratching of gunk from under your nails, and my favourite....it even mimics the ocean!" He informed, flicking the pay-per-clorp. It let out a twang. "Ah, the human realm. So beautiful." The witchling sighed blissfully.
Hazel attempted to touch it, only for Gus to smack her hand away with a spell circle. The witchling turned to the chalkboard. "It's safe to say that the pay-per-clorp is a stunning testament to human ingenuity. Any questions?"
When Gus turned around to face his club, he found Eileen, Bo, and the unicorn Bard track student were all falling asleep. His newest member, Mattholomule looked thoroughly bored. The only one fully awake and alert was Hazel, who was waving her arm around like crazy, trying to get his attention. Gus sighed. "No, Hazel. This one can't do any magic. But I assure you, the next one can!"
Hazel slowly lowered her hand.
Mattholomule raised his own hand.
Gus perked up. "Ah! Our newest member: Mattholomule."
Mattholomule crossed his arms. "A-Augustus, is this what the president of the Human Appreciation Society thinks passes as "Human Artifacts?" He asked incredulously. Gus looked confused, as Mattholomule stood up, his bag on his shoulder as he walked around the table of the Human Artifacts. Hazel tilted her head, curious about where this witchling was going with this.
"Because at my old school," Mattholomule pushed Gus's stuff aside, and Hazel growled lowly at the witchling. Gus hurried to grab his stuff, glaring at the new member. "We had real treasures."
With that, Mattholomule emptied his bag onto the desk, dumping out a rock painted to look like a cell phone, an egg with a skull painted on it, and a shoe made out of mud, leaves and twigs.
The other members of the club gasped and leaned closer to take a look at them.
"So real."
"Wow!"
"I-i wanna touch them."
Mattholomule smirked. "Go ahead! In my club, we didn't have any dumb rules." The witchling stated, gesturing to Gus's list of rules.
Gus gasped, turning to his list of rules. "Shh. He didn't mean that."
Hazel looked over the unicorn Bard student's shoulder to inspect the "cellphone", not believing it was a human object. In her short time here, she'd learned a lot of things, thanks to Gus. And she didn't like Mattholomule butting in and disturbing the class.
Gus glared at everyone touching Mattholomule's objects, then takes them away. The other students weren't too impressed. "Well, this isn't your club. Thankfully." Gus said, smashing the "human sports wear" onto the table.
"Exactly, who thinks I should be president?" Mattholomule rallied. Hazel glared at the witchling, crossing her arms.
"I do!"
"Mattholomule for prez!"
"I prefer Gus as the president, thank you."
"I'm an undecided voter."
Gus picked up the "phone" as the students continued to argue. Observing it, he turned back to the students. "These are fakes!" He cried. The students gasped, and Hazel reached out to take a closer look at the "human skull". Mattholomule pushed it away from her grasp. "You can't prove that!" He stammered out. Taking in a deep breath, he composed himself, gesturing to the other students. "You're just trying to distract these human appreciators. You're afraid of getting kicked out of office. It's your word against mine."
The students began to mumble amongst themselves. Hazel tried to get them back on Gus's side. Gus walked backward into the chalkboard. He looked at a newspaper clip with a picture of Luz on it. An idea formed in his mind. "What if I brought in an expert?" He asked. The class went silent, and Mattolomule cackled as he sat back down. "Yeah, right. Who can you find that's a bigger human expert than any of us?" The witchling asked.
"How about a real human?"
The club members gasped once again, and they began to talk amongst themselves. Hazel's eyes widened. "Gus, you''re not seriously thinking..." she began, as Gus smirked. "Oh, but I am."
Mattholomule crossed his arms, watching the conversation between the two before speaking up. "Yeah. Uh huh. A-and you're never brought your friend here. Why?"
Hazel looked up at Gus, shaking her head no. Gus shrugged, glancing back at the newspaper clipping. "Well, she's busy. She's got a job. But I'll bring her in tomorrow. She'll prove I'm right!" He announced.
Mattholomule didn't believe him. He scoffed. "Ah, sure you will, Augustus. Sure you will."
At that, Gus's alarm went off, signifying the end of their meeting. Everyone left, except for Hazel and Gus. Hazel walked over to the witchling. "Gus, are you crazy!? You know that she's-"
Gus shushed her, holding his hand up. "Busy. I know. I'll find a way. Besides, it'll just be for tomorrow." Gus said, walking out of the classroom. "See ya, Hazel!"
Hazel watched him leave, letting out a sigh. "Gus, I sure hope you know what you're doing."