Escaping Expulsion

(A week earlier...)

Thunder rumbled, as boiling rain pelted on the roofs of citizens homes. It was the middle of the night, and almost all witches were asleep.

Almost.

Up on a hill, the lights of a large mansion were still shining brightly, as three dark figures, one yelling at a smaller one, could be seen. The third stood to the side, unmoving as she wrote something on what appeared to be a clip-board. Seemingly ignoring the argument happening right in front of her.

The taller figure grabs the smaller one roughly by her arm, dragging her toward the giant doors. They open, and a young witch let out a yelp as she was thrown in the mud. The acidic rain landed on her, and she hissed in pain as she tried to shield herself as best she could. Looking up at the figure in disbelief, the pink-haired witchling could only see the disgust-filled look of her father figure glaring down at her. Their glasses and long, pink hair the only thing visible, but the young witch could feel their three icy blue eyes on her, watching her with scorn.

"You've brought disgrace to our family, Elizabeth. And until you learn to be a proper Blight, you are no longer welcome under this roof." They state, closing the doors, and leaving the young witch outside.

Getting over her shock, the witch growled as she stood up. "That's fine by me! I'd rather be a criminal than be like you!" She screamed out in anger, letting out another hiss through her teeth as the rain continued to pelt down on her. Drawing a spell circle, she made a shield for herself before walking off the property of her former home, walking through the gates that read "Blight Estate".

Something Liza hoped she wouldn't have to see for a long time.

——

(Present day...)

Hooty smashes his face into a steel bucket three times, imitating a school bell. Luz speaks while activating different glyphs. "Light in the darkness, a glittering bridge of ice, the mightiest tree in the forest! You can make all of these, and more, with glyph magic!" The human says dramatically, pulling a sheet off of a blackboard. "Welcome to day three of Luz's magic boot camp!"

Fire glyphs ignite on the ground, and King, who was sleeping near one, screams and runs away. He jumps into Hazel's arms for protection. The basilisk had been standing to the side, awaiting for Luz's instructions.

Lilith and Eda sat in desks in front of Luz, and the former coven head claps her hands excitedly. Eda was busy carving something into the desk she was using.

"Okay, we have covered every glyph I've learned up until now. So today, we'll learn something new." Luz explains, pacing in front of the black board. It had the glyphs the two girls knew up until that point, which was only four. Light, plant, fire and ice. Lilith raises her hand excitedly. "Are we about to encounter a never-before-seen glyph?"

Luz and Hazel share a glance. "Un...fortunately no. These four either came from nature or another witch's spell. I-I don't know where to find more." The human explains sadly. Eda and Lilith share a surprised look.

"In any case, today we're learning how to alter glyphs to do specific things!" The human butted in, trying to sound enthusiastic as she flips the board to show off the different glyph combos. Lilith waves her paper in the air. "Miss teacher, did I do it right?" She asks, showing the two girls the diagram she drew.

Luz and Hazel had a closer look. "Yeah! That's really good!"
"Great work, Lilith!" Hazel says, giving her a thumbs up. Lilith fist pumps, smile brightening. Luz turns to Eda. "Let's see how you're doing, Eda."

Eda finished carving a fire and glyph overlapping together on the table. Luz and Hazel looked down at it, unsure. "Uh, Eda, I don't think that's a good-" Hazel starts, but is immediately interrupted by Eda. "Double glyph combo, go!"

The Owl Lady slaps the two glyphs and they fizzle and flash, before exploding. Eda glares down at it. "Oh dang, I was hoping more of an ice blast situation." She grumbled.

"I know you're impatient to get your powers back, but try to master the basics before you start experimenting." Luz said gently, motioning to the board. Eda groans, but doesn't say anything.

Hooty slides over, interrupting the lesson. "Toot toot! The Hexside train is a-coming! Chugga-chugga!" He calls, picking up Luz and Hazel by their collars. Hazel hurriedly turned into her new disguise, as Luz waves bye to Eda and Lilith as they were dragged away. "King's in charge while we're gone!"