Fifteen

"Emily, darling how are you?" Johnny's mother asked. What were the odds of running into her in this hospital? It was theirs after all.

 "Hi Auntie, I've been doing great," She replied, an awkward smile on her lips, clearly confused.

"It's been a while since I've seen you." The older woman said, which made the girl flustered.

"Mom,"

"Ah, John-ah, why don't we invite Emily to lunch?" She offered, which made Emily internally panic. She didn't want to sit through an entire meal with her ex-boyfriend, let alone his mother. 

"It's alright, Auntie, I have plans for lunch already," Emily said, as she anxiously played with her fingers.

"Mom, let's go. Dad's looking for us," Johnny said, as he stretched out his arm, motioning his mom to go to the other way around. 

"Ah, I guess I have to get going now, Emily. It was nice seeing you,"

"You too, Auntie," She replied. 

"See you around," Johnny said, as he guided his mother away from the Pediatric ward. The mother and son duo left shortly, which made Emily focus on her work, making prescriptions for her patients.

Shortly after two hours, lunch break came for Emily. She took off her coat and made sure she had everything she needed inside her purse. 

She exited her office and went to check-out for her lunch break. As she queued for her turn, her phone rang.

"Hi, Dejun," She greeted, as she held her purse.

 "Hey, I'm on the way. I booked us at your favorite restaurant," Dejun said, which made the girl smile. She was stressed with the number of patients she handled, and she needed something to relax.

"That's wonderful of you," She said, as she tapped her ID card on the machine, releasing a beep.

 "I'll call you when I'm near?" Dejun said, through the phone which made the girl nod.

 "Yeah sure. Drive safe," she replied before putting her phone and ID card inside her purse.

She patiently waited for Dejun to arrive at the hospital lobby. She was just minding her own business when she overheard something.

"Wow, isn't she the new Chairman's ex-girlfriend?"

"I heard she came back to work here after breaking up with him,"

"She must be looking for more I guess,"

Emily just took a deep breath and tried her best not to mind any of their remarks. It was such a good day for her, and she wouldn't let gossips ruin her mood.

Three black Mercedes sedans pulled in front of the hospital lobby, which caused a little commotion at the lobby. 

People started to look, which the girl didn't mind at all. It was just probably one of the higher-ups arriving since the hospital was appointing a new chairman.

To her surprise, when the driver opened the door, she was greeted by her husband. 

"Maureen," He called her, making her look up. 

"Hi, I thought you were driving?" She replied confused. 

"Ah, I got the invitation to the party. Is it alright with you if I just drop off my gift? We can go to the restaurant after," Dejun said, as he held her elbow.