CH 1

"If she can change things as they go into the Hex, what happens if we send something that requires no change?"

The astrophysicist, Darcy Lewis, heard the question that Monica Rambeau asked as she mulled over the question in her mind but she kept getting distracted by the small comment that Agent Jimmy Woo made when he was talking to the Director of SWORD in defense of Wanda Maxmioff.

'And earliest tracking had her using her powers against the Avengers. Is that correct?'

'Right before she earned their trust and became one herself.'

"Wait a minute, that's it." The young woman whispered in realization as she turned to the other two people in the room, "I have an idea. Has anyone been in contact with the Secretary of State since this whole thing went down?"

"Director Haywards claims to have been in constant contact with Ross ever since discovering Wanda created the Hex, why?" Agent Jimmy answered, looking a tad confused at her question.

"Because the Raft has been keeping an Avenger close in their grasp, one who was in the fight in Germany and even knows Wanda. If we can bring them here then maybe, just maybe, they can convince Wanda to release Westview without causing a fight." Darcy answered as she grabbed her phone from her pants pocket and showed them the released airport footage of the fight that happened, mainly focusing on one particular person.

"Darcy, you can't be serious. He's an murder and a felon, he used drones to attack dozens of innocent civilians and even murdered an hero!" Monica exploded at the other woman while Jimmy was quiet but looked interested in the proposed idea, "Why should we even think about asking for his help let alone even entertain this idea."

"Look, I know it sounds bad but he was protesting his innocence when he got arrested and the evidence footage was missing a lot of time in between." Darcy defended, "Besides, do you have any of the Avengers on speed-dial? Because Thor doesn't exactly have a phone and Captain Marvel is currently in outer space last I checked."

"I mean I know Scott Lang." Jimmy weakly told them, "But he hasn't been in action since the blip, he's missed five years of his daughter's life and he doesn't want to waste another second so he's semi-retired for now."

"Exactly my point."

Monica groaned as she pinched the bridge of her nose, clearly angered and annoyed with the two of them, before finally looking up to speak, "I'm going to go see if I can find any type of drones from the 80's. You two can carry out this stupid plan yourselves, I want no part in it." And with that, she stormed out without looking back at the two.

"You made her really upset, like really upset. I've just met her and I can already say that doesn't sound like a good thing to ever do." Jimmy pointed out, but Darcy already knew that. She just swallowed before turning back to Jimmy.

"It doesn't matter now. Let's go get Spider-Man."

👩‍🍼👨‍🍼🍼🧸

"Who exactly are you two, again?" The guard demanded with a raised eyebrow, and the expression was really starting to make Darcy mad, especially with the way he was looking at them like they were children that wandered off somewhere.

"As we've already said, I'm FBI Agent Jimmy Woo, and she's Dr. Darcy Lewis," Jimmy explained, his tone showing his annoyance as well, before lowering his voice into a whisper. "Just tell Secretary Ross to come out here."

"And why should I tell him to come out here and talk to a FBI agent and a scientist about letting out a convicted super terrorist?"

"Okay, sir." Darcy spoke as she stepped forward, looking him dead in the eyes as the 'sir' sounded completely sarcastic, poking his chest with her index finger with her face neutral, "Here's what's going to happen, you're gonna get your boss down here and in return, I won't tell him how rude and condescending you were being to a woman who clearly outranks you. It's 2023, get with the program or get out of the way."