CH 4

Peter loudly moaned behind the pacifier gag as he batted away at the hands that were trying to play with him. It had been harder to go along with this strange charade than first thought with his supposed fast-talking 'brother' now holding him instead of the other 'brother' while their 'parents' watched them, cooing and awing at the supposed adorable sight.

Oh, how the spider hero hated this predicament. He could only hope that S.W.O.R.D. was already working on a plan to rescue him then again, the secret government agency was having problems saving the rest of the town let alone bringing the fight to Wanda's front doorstep.

It was right then that a loud growling sound was heard as the family of four looked confused by the noise, looking around the room to identify it, when they noticed that their newest and youngest family member was blushing a bright red as he tried not to make eye contact with anyone.

Not knowing what else to do, Peter covered his face with his hands, using the baby logic that if he couldn't see the Maximoff family then they couldn't see him. It wasn't his fault that he was hungry ever since that radioactive spider bit him, it was as if he could never get enough calories especially since he had only got three small meals a day at the raft making him lose some weight. Little did he know, his babyish actions were merely reinforcing Wanda's belief of Peter needing a family to love and care for him.

"Ah, Vis, it seems that Peter is a hungry baby." The auburn-haired woman exclaimed as she moved to take the teen-baby from a now pouting Tommy's arms, who didn't want to let go of his new baby brother yet "Perhaps, it's finally time that we have breakfast."

"I think you're right darling." The red skinned android happily agreed before frowning, "Though we don't have any baby food or formula right now, Peter's adoption was rather rushed. Perhaps, we should go out to eat."

"Oh, nonsense." Wanda dismissed with a wave as she led the family, Peter still in her arms, through the living room and into the kitchen, "what kind of wife and mother would I be if I didn't make her family a delicious breakfast."

Like the other room, the kitchen was themed in a 1980's-esk way with its floral patterned wallpaper, old-fashioned microwaves, and the dark brown appliances and cabinets. The kitchen was also equipped with a stove, a white sink, a dishwasher, an oven, and a refrigerator that worked according to the 1980's design of the house. Once again, Peter was amazed by the power this woman had to change the very fabric of reality on a whim.

There was a dark brown dining room table too with an assortment of foods on it. There were stacks of pancakes, dozens of scrambled eggs, mountains of sausages, rows of big crispy bacon, a jar of maple syrup, and even a ham steak! All that food made Peter nearly drool with desire as he almost teared up at seeing all the delicious food together in one place. (Search: Pleasantville Breakfast Scene on YouTube)

It was then that the young hero noticed the ominous wooden brown high chair that sat next to the dining room table, clearly met for the teen giving the direction the Sokovian woman was heading, as the young woman placed him in said high chair before quickly locking the table tray forcing the brown-haired hero in place. It was then that she finally took the pacifier gag off his head.

Peter huffed an annoyed sigh as he tried relaxed his now stiff jaw, eyeing his 'parents' and 'siblings' as they began to speak to one another and eat while completely ignoring him like he wasn't even there. Peter did try paying attention, at first, but to be honest, he was still too shaken about his current predicament to really take in anything and from what he did listen to and understand, there wasn't any kind of explanation for what was going on here but just normal boring domestic stuff about school, homework, and adult work.

Wait a minute? What was he doing? Peter shook himself as he realized that this was his chance to look for a way out, not playing along with this sick twisted family game. His dark brown eyes quickly scanned the room as he tried to find an escape route. He felt completely on edge, unsafe and trapped like the lab rat that they clearly expected him to be.