CH 2

Something was very very wrong here.

That was the main thought going through Peter Parker's head as he slowly roused from unconsciousness, having woken not to the sight of his bedroom but instead to that of bars. Yet they weren't the black prison Raft bars that he had been forced to stare at for hours on end. Said bars were white and reached high above him, the bars also seemingly surrounded him in close quarters, thus keeping him captured.

At first, Peter assumed that he was merely back in his cell at the Raft and had merely been transferred to another cell by Ross. Yet as he took a closer look, the arachnid hero could see that it was nothing like a prison, it just had various wooden bars all around him with a clear opening up top. The teen tried looking around as he slowly sat up.

'Where am I? Am I still on the Raft?' Peter wondered to himself as he looked down and noticed just what exactly he was wearing. His prison attire had been replaced with what appeared to be a sleeveless onesie that was blue and red in color and what was clearly a mockery of his own hero costume with the childish spider print along with a beanie hat that had little black hearts on it as well.

His eyes now wide and confused, Peter looked over the room once more. He quickly realized the room itself was actually what appeared to be a baby's nursery. It had light purple striped walls, a painted mural of a stork standing atop of baby blocks while holding a baby in its beak, posters of child tv shows like Fraggle Rock and Scooby Doo were plastered on the walls, the ground had brown shag carpeting, stuffed animals was tucked into a corner of the room and a tall toy giraffe was in another corner next to a brown toy chest. The nursery also came with a rocking chair, a light-brown changing table, a white bassinet, and even a green baby bouncer too scattered around the room.

The teenage hero quickly realized that if his clothing was dressed like this and he was in a baby's nursery then it likely meant he was inside a crib too especially since the bed sheets were bright yellow with a jungle theme pattern, a butterfly mobile was spinning above his head, and a stuffed bear was sitting innocently next to him along with guard rails all around him.

'Just what is going on here!?' The arachnid hero yelled in his mind before the recent memories flew into his mind: Agent Jimmy Woo and Darcy Lewis releasing him from prison, Wanda taking control of a small town in New Jersey and him being asked to help convince her to stop, before being knocked out by Wanda and taken presumably into the Hex.

While the brown haired bot did want answers, it would be better to first try to escape. Who knows what Wanda had in store for him if this was where he woke up. The teenager tried putting his leg over the railing but it was too high and the bars were put too closely together so he couldn't squeeze through. The boy then attempted kicking and hitting the wooden bars in order to break them but he couldn't even make a dent even with his enhanced strength. Peter almost gave up hope as he then threw himself up and just managed to catch the rim of the crib bars, leaning over and falling onto the other side, landing on the floor below. Strangely, it didn't hurt as much as he expected it to, almost like there was a cushion to soften the blow.

There was a loud thudding sound next to him as he noticed that something had fallen from off the table next to the crib. Peter looked over to see it was a small white device had apparently broken open and the batteries lay round it, it was clearly a baby monitor.

Yet if that was true then that meant...

"Oh no." Peter exclaimed, recognizing what the device meant and his assumption was correct for not even a minute later, he heard the sound of footsteps coming towards the room. The hero had no time to run or hide as he braced himself for a potential fight just as the door swung open and he saw two figures run into the room.