Chapter 2

As I recognize the Moe's iconic seafoam blue moped and uniform, I realize that it's someone new riding towards. I could only tell that they were a girl until she pulled into our parking lot and took off the helmet she had been wearing, her long purple hair dancing in the wind. She had an adorable round face with a small button nose, porcelain skin, and a slender body. She picked up the food carrier and started to head over towards us, so I get up to go and open the door for her.

I remember when I had to finally hire, both Anette and Willow came in at the same time coincidentally. Anette with her colorful hair, her pink skin making it stand out, with white freckles to boot. Willow looks so much different from her- Willow has skin the color of mocha and these afro puffs that go from a dark brown to red, and a bit lanky. As they waited for their separate interviews, they interacted with one another- they got along right off the bat. Both had enough experience that it just sealed the deal for me- I hired them both on the spot. That was five years ago, and they have been working here ever since. 

As she gets closer, the scents of the breakfast hit my nose and my stomach goes back to growling once more. "Hi! That will be $25.50," her voice was like honey- warm and sweet. I quickly pat myself down and remember my wallet was in the back with the phone. "I'm sorry, would you mind stepping inside for a minute? I just need to go fetch the money real quick- I can take these off your hands," I slip my hand underneath the delivery boxes and went on in to where we had our set up. "So are you new in town? We order from Moe's every now and then."

"Yeah- I just recently moved here, and Moe gave me a job." I set the boxes down and rush for the break room to get the money. As I came back, they were all chatting and laughing amongst themselves, but I could tell she was trying to be polite and not look at my horns. "I'm a dragon- if you were wondering," I said as I handed her the money. "I'm so sorry, was it that obvious," she asked, her eyes looking apologetic- I chuckled, "You're fine uhh...," I trailed off as I looked for a name tag. "Flora, no need to apologize- they're kinda hard to miss." Everyone laughed at the joke and then we started walking towards the door.

"Hey, if you ever want to drop on by after work or something, maybe have a drink- we stay open till three AM."

"Yeah of course! thank you so much- being new in a city can be intimidating, so I appreciate it..." then it was her turn to be the one looking for a name tag. "Hydra- my name is Hydra, and that's Anette, and that's Willow. See you around?" "Definitely," she smiled as she started heading off to the moped, putting the helmet back on and speeding away back to Moe's.

As i ate the delicious Choco chunk pancakes, I couldn't help but think about the new girl. About how even though she smelled of Moe's diner, that there was still a hint of her sweet perfume that lingered in the wind while the door was open. What's wrong with me? 

 I finished eating and put threw the containers away. "The sun is starting to go down, so be prepared for the nightly rush, okay guys?" I filled up all the taps at the bar, and almost on cue, people started coming in- customers from all different jobs filling in the seats. The air was awash with the sounds of Anette's wings zipping all over the place delivering orders, and everyone greeting and talking to one another- doctors and nurses, fast food workers, friends and family. In some way it makes me happy to see everyone get along with one another; reuniting and celebrating, each reason different from the last. It kept busy till 2:30 A.M. when it started to die down finally, when the door opened and I smelled the perfume from earlier. Flora- she was here.

I was finishing up a shot for a customer when I looked up to see her. She had on a white layered sleeve godet hem bustier dress with a gold necklace that had a koi fish pendant on it. "I'll be with you in a second." As I receive the money, I go over to the booth she was sitting at, and waved the girls over. When I sat across from her, I realized she had eyes like the ocean- mesmerizing blue washing over me as I looked at her for what felt like hours. I soon snapped out of it when Willow came over with her snack stash while munching on Doritos, putting everything on the table to share. Soon after came Anette, practically gliding into her seat next to Flora.

 " You know, you don't have to eat that garbage- if you're that hungry I'm more than happy to cook upstairs," I say as she chomps away. "We have a guest," she says in between chips, " wouldn't that be rude?" Anette shook her head," She's going to invite ALL of us sweetie- it's a girls night." I look at her to see if its okay with her, "Flora, after our last customer leaves, would you be interested in hanging out with me and the gang upstairs? I can cook dinner for everyone, you included."

"Well that depends, what's upstairs exactly...? I could tell that she was confused and laughed. "Its her apartment- she lives above the bar, she's actually a good cook," Anette squeaked. " That's because I've been around for a long time- you gotta pick up some trades here and there."

"How old are you?"

I was taken aback, speechless. What am I supposed to tell her?

*Hello readers!*
If you like what you read then please feel free to leave a star, a comment, or share with friends!
Thank you and have a great day❤❤