chapter 4

She walked over and closed the door to change, as did I. I usually sleep in wraps that secure my chest, as I haven't figured out todays 'bras'  and still suffer from ghost pains and scars from my past. I shake the reminder out of my head as I find a giant t-shirt and some baggy shorts to change into, and flop on to my bed, putting my hands behind my head and letting out a deep sigh as I stare at my ceiling. Will I have the same nightmare I have every night? Or will I finally be lucky enough to catch a break? As I'm lost deep in though I hear the bathroom doors open and out steps Flora, and I cant help but smile at her- she looks adorable as she's covered head to toe in the cute amphibian themed pajamas, and laughed. " You look great." She did a little jig and slid into bed next to me. I shake my head and turn off the light near my nightstand.

"Good night."

"Good night Hydra."

Even though there's a distance between us, I can still smell her sweet perfume that she had been wearing- the scents of blueberry and orchid flowing in my bed, and under the black silk comforter we were sharing. I listened to the sounds of her breathing as I drifted off to sleep.

 I scream as loud as I can while hot tears stream down my face. The guards tie my hands behind my back with rope that rubbed my wrists raw, I fall to my knees as I choke on the dirt that gets kicked in my face. I'm too scared to look up to see her being taken away from me- after being caught, I know what happens next. I know where they are taking her... I can hear her screaming too as her ankles thud against the wood and the crowd roars. Against my better judgement I look up and watch as my love is being put into the noose...

BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP!

Thank god for alarms... I hit the snooze button as I realize I cant move the left side of my body too much. Before I go into a full blown panic attack, I look down  and see it's Flora. Her head is resting on my arm, while she has an arm draped along the left side of my body. Instead of getting up, I just lay there- I don't move, I don't think, I just stare at the ceiling while she holds on to me. her long purple hair was disheveled and flowing in the cold air- she felt warm and a part of me cant help but relax. The moment between us felt serene, but fleeting as I got up to use the restroom. After I wash my hands, I open the door leading towards my kitchen and step out of my room to let her sleep more. I can hear the distant sounds of the T.V. and crunching as I got a protein shake out of the fridge and head over to see Willow and Anette eating cereal. "Lemme guess- Netflix mixed with the munchies?"

"You know us so well," Willow chuckled.  "So did you take Flora home last night? How'd that go," asked Anette. I didn't know how to answer without turning red for the one hundredth time. "Well...," and right when I was about to explain, I heard the toilet flush and the door to my room open up, with a groggy Flora stepping out while rubbing her eyes. Anette looks at me and my face heats up. "I-its not what you think- she shared a bed with me just like you share the spare bed with Willow. Don't get any ideas." Anette smirked and wiggled her eyebrows. "Ohoho okaaay." I rolled my eyes , "you ass," I say while laughing it off. "What're you guys talking about?" Flora flopped down on the couch sleepily and looked at me for an answer. "We were... talking about the weather- I heard its supposed to be nice out today."

I opened up my protein shake to avoid answering any more questions. Anette shaking her head at me, making her long colorful hair sway. Willow set down her bowl on the glass table, making it clink and then turning towards the rest of us. "So what's everyone's day looking like? I don't have anything planned." Anette paused the T.V. while she thought it over. "Well it IS Sunday, but i have nothing planned to do either. Why, do you have a surprise or something?" As they talked, Flora hugged a matching pillow from my couch while she listened intently. "I'll be gone next month for a week visiting family- so this month i wanna hang out with my friends before heading out. We could go look at my magic progress and then Tuesday maybe something else...? That is if everyone is interested."

And just like that, everyone started throwing ideas around, getting excited. At first, a part of me was against it, but as soon as I see Flora talking with the others and smiling, how could I be? Next thing I know, I find myself indulging in the conversation too- I ended up getting a piece of paper and writing everything down like a game plan. "Its still early, when do you wanna head out? I only ask because I still need to get dressed," I said as I tugged on the giant t-shirt I had on. "We can leave when you're ready doofus," willow laughed. I sheepishly smiled and finally got up to change. Flora got up too and sprinted to the kitchen to catch up with me. "I hate to be this person, but do you think I could borrow something? Again?" I just chuckled at her at her, " of course you can," I said as I opened the door.  I walked over to my dresser and started to look around for things that I didn't really wear, and had found a set that had a V-neck tropical long sleeve, and shorts. "This is cute, but not exactly my style- do you wanna wear it?" I tossed it to her as she sat crisscross on my bed. "Sure!" 

I kept looking for a casual outfit for myself, ending up with a stripped short sleeve t-shirt that was black and white with some ripped jeans. I rushed to change, making sure no one would see me taking off the wrap underneath my pajamas. Luckily I changed quick enough to where no one saw anything and breathed a sigh of relief. The bathroom door opened up, and she finally stepped out- she looked great. It was as if it didn't matter what I gave her, because she always made it look good. "You look great," I say snapping myself back to reality. "Thank you! I appreciate you letting me wear your clothes- I'll bring my own clothes next time," she smiled shyly. Next time? I smiled as I walk over to the door and open it for her. "There's some protein shakes in the fridge if you'd like, or cereal- sorry I didn't mention it earlier." We both left, an as she was in the fridge, I went to the living room to wait for the other two. Willow stepped out in a blue hoodie with a yellow shirt with colored shaped, while Anette had on a nice button up, sleeveless shirt with ruffles and bows. She even took it a step further and put her hair up, sporting a long and colorful high pony tail.

 She even took it a step further and put her hair up, sporting a long and colorful high pony tail

*Hello readers!*
If you like what you read, please leave a star, a comment, or share with friends!
Thank you and have a good day❤❤