Chapter 12

That day, before and after work, me and the girls had started planning on how I was going to tell Flora my feelings. Friday morning we called Moe to see if it was okay to leave something for Flora to find when she arrived. The present in a box contained a dress Anette had helped pick out, along with a note telling her to meet me at a restaurant called The Veil, and what time to show up. When Saturday arrived, I was so nervous I felt like I was going to explode- Willow help distract me by helping pick out an outfit for later when it was time to leave, and gave me pep talk after pep talk. Even though my nerves had kept me from eating, I still made the both of them a small breakfast casserole to share as I went ahead to take a shower. I threw on a hoodie and sweat pants, and joined them to go pick up Anette's acoustic guitar. 

"Don't worry, We'll be right there with you. You got this," Willow said reassuringly as we waited for Anette to get back. When we got back to my place, she took another step further and did my makeup while talking to me, and I finally start to feel less tense. "Thank you for everything- both of you. I really appreciate it." 

 "Dear, you know we will always be there for the important things." 

"Yeah- besides, you really think I'd miss this," Willow said as she applied eyeshadow. Even with my eyes closed I could tell she was grinning.

"Aaaand done." I look in the mirror, impressed with how nice I looked. "Woah." She had used purple and black eyeshadow to give me a beautiful Smokey eye, and a subtle, soft contour. I'm actually speechless. "You look great," Anette said with excitement as she handed me the chosen outfit. I touch the small dragon on the bracelet again, and my cheeks flush. "Better go get ready dear- it's almost time." They gathered their things and headed downstairs as I put on a black turtle neck underneath a dark purple dress, with black . I give myself one last look over before heading downstairs. We left a couple minutes earlier so that we'd all be there before Flora would show up. 

The Veil was nicer looking in person- there was large glass window everywhere as the waitress took us out back to their outside dinning are. 

It had a triangular roof held by two pillars and a wall, with a neat table underneath- the whole thing lit with fairy lights, and a small fireplace near by

It had a triangular roof held by two pillars and a wall, with a neat table underneath- the whole thing lit with fairy lights, and a small fireplace near by. Anette and Willow took the spare chairs as she tuned her guitar.

 Anette and Willow took the spare chairs as she tuned her guitar

 A couple minutes passed, but then there she was. She looked stunning- she was wearing the baby pink dress we had sent her, heels, and soft makeup to bring out her eyes. Her smile shined brighter than I had ever seen before, and my heart beat faster the closer she got. "You look breath taking," I said gently. "Thank you- but what is all of this?" 

"I'll explain over dinner- but for now, I just want to enjoy my time with you." I took a hold of her hand and she beamed at me again. The waitress came over and gave us all wine. "I'm really glad you showed up- I'm sorry it took me this long to ask you on a date." Flora's cheeks turned a pink and her eyes twinkled like the stars. "I-it's okay- I'm happy to be here with you." it was my turn to blush, but before I could say something in turn, the waitress came back to take everyone's order. We shared ratatouille together and talked the entire time, and it was the best I've felt in a long time. Things were finally falling into place. After we finished, she came to sit next to me and put her head on my shoulder as we looked at the deep night sky. I took her hand into mine once again, and that's when Anette started playing her guitar, her and Willow singing Sleeping At Last by Turning Page- I knew it was time. "Flora-  I wasn't sure this day would ever come, but here you are. I wasn't sure love could survive everything I've been through, but you were. You always seemed so sure. And now I know I want to stand beside you for the rest of our lives. That's what I'm sure of- I love you, and I want this to be the beginning of something amazing." She turned her head towards me, her eyes still full of the stars in the night sky. She leans in and I, for the first time but not the last, kiss her soft lips as their music plays in the background.

*Hello readers!*If you like what you read, then feel free to leave a star, a comment, or share with your friends!
Thank you and have a great day❤❤