Chapter 8 Learning From His Mistakes

Logan felt like a complete ass for saying that about her brother and quickly apologized, Amara, who waved off his apology, “That's alright, Mr. Howlett, a lot of stupid people think that of him but they have yet to realize that it's only a mask. He is, in fact, the greatest person I know,” She tells him coldly.

Logan was about to apologize again when Amara cut him off, “Now if there's nothing else, Charles, I need to leave. Classes are about to start and Hank still has to introduce me to his students.”

“No, Amara, there's nothing else, thank you.”

Amara smiled at Charles, “Then I'll see you later, Charles,” She frowned at Logan, “Mr. Howlett,” Then she opened the door and left.

The minute Amara left, Logan plopped down on the sofa and groaned,

“She hates me, doesn't she?”

Charles chuckles, “Hates you, no. Dislikes you, yes.”

“She thinks I'm an asshole doesn't she?”

“Yes.”

“Gee, thanks.”

“Do you want me to lie to you? Oh, Logan, how could you have said something like that?”

“How was I suppose to know that Stark's her brother?”

“The thought should have crossed your mind before you spoke.”

Logan leaned back and pressed the heel of his hands into his eyes, “She isn't going to forgive me is she?”

“Normally, Amara is a very forgiving soul,” Logan smiled, “But not when it comes to Tony. She takes any attack on him very personally. So I'd say you have your work cut out for you.”

“Godammit I can't believe I already fuck this up and I just met my-”

“Mate? Yes, I know.”

“So, what do I do?”

“Try to convince her you're not the jerk she thinks you are.”

“How do I do that?”

“You'll have to figure that out on your own. Though I must tell you that you would have had a difficult time convincing Amara to be with you even if you hadn't made such a bad impression.”

“Why is that?”

“Because, Logan, Amara is a recluse and doesn't like being with people if she doesn't have to be. She's only here because Hank practically begged her to take over for him while he's away. She's not interested in having a relationship with anyone, not now not ever.”

“For god's sake why?”

“Something very terrible happened to her that I can't tell you about. But ever since that day, Amara has felt that she does not deserve to be in a loving relationship. She feels it's too dangerous. But perhaps you are the ideal person to change her mind.”

“You think so?”

“It's a possibility. But remember no more snide comments about Tony. He's actually a very nice man.”

“Okay, Charles, I'll keep that in mind, and thank you.”

“You're welcome, Logan.”

Logan then gets up and leaves Charles to his thoughts, ‘Perhaps Logan is the one for Amara.’

Logan starts making his way to the kitchen to get something to drink. Hopefully, he can find a beer but he seriously doubted it. He went to the fridge to pray for a miracle and opened it.