Chapter 9 Attraction

Logan is woken up several hours later by a knock at the door. He groans and gets up, grabbing his robe he opens the door to find Ororo standing there, “Logan, it's almost time for lunch, will you be joining us?”

He sighs and rubs his face, “Yeah Ro, just let me get dressed.”

He closes his door and goes to his closet to grab a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. Sitting down on the bed, he puts his boots on then leaves his room heading downstairs to the kitchen. When he gets there, Logan serves himself some spaghetti and meatballs and some garlic bread. He doesn't even bother with the salad. Grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge, Logan makes his way into the dining room.

When he arrives, he looks around to see if he can spot Amara. Logan notices that she's sitting with Hank and the other teachers. He smirks and makes his way over. Sitting down at the end of the table, Logan greets everyone at the table.

“Hey, gang.”

“Hello, Logan, did you have a nice nap?” The Professor asks him.

“Yeah, it was just what I needed.”

“That's good, will you be staying with us long?”

Logan glances up at Amara who is completely ignoring him and is talking to Scott. He clenches his teeth but turns back to Charles.

“Yeah, I thought I'd stick around for a while.”

“Good, would you be interested in taking over gym class for Scott?”

Logan thinks for a moment then shrugs, “Yeah, okay, I ain't got nothing better to do.”

He did have something better to do, and that was to get on his mate's right side. But he thought that he couldn't sit there and obsess about the girl so he believed that this would be a good distraction.

*A wise decision, Logan.* Charles tells him.

*Thanks.*

“Good, thank you for agreeing, Logan, you can start tomorrow.”

“Alright.” After that, they settle down to eat his meal. Now and then glancing up at Amara.

When lunch was over, Amara volunteered to clear the dining room and put all the dishes in the dishwasher. Immediately Logan volunteers to help her.

“That isn't necessary, Mr. Howlett, I can do it on my own.”

“Yeah, but it'll be faster with two people doing it.”

Amara sighs, “Suit yourself, Mr. Howlett.”

Amara starts at the far end of the dining hall and starts picking up the dishes. She tried to stay as far away from Logan as possible. Logan sighed. He wanted to talk with her, but Amara was making it complicated. So they silently picked up all of the plates.

When Amara and Logan took everything to the kitchen and started loading the dishwasher, Logan took that as an opportunity to talk with Amara, “So, how do you like your classes?”

Amara didn't look at him, “They're good so far, Mr. Howlett,” Amara said, taking the plates from Logan.

He was about to say something else when Amara cut him off, “Well if you'll excuse me, I have a class to teach.”

Amara walked out of the kitchen without even glancing at Logan. He groaned, “This is going to be harder than I thought.”

Amara walked into the next class just as Hank was explaining to the students that they would have a substitute teacher for a while. Hank made the introductions, and the same thing played out that happened that morning. By the end of the day, all the student knew that Amara was human but that she was pretty cool.