Chapter 8

The Christmas break began tomorrow and tonight was a full moon. Remus was practically falling asleep. It was the last class and it seemed Flitwick had forgotten about homework. 

The class was a minute from being over when a Ravenclaw put his hand up. 

"Do we have homework?" There was an uproar and everyone threw their school bags at him. 

Sirius looked around for his bag but couldn't spot it. So he grabbed the next best thing without even realising he was doing it. 

"Sirius don't you da-" James started to yell but he threw Emerald at the Ravenclaw. She let out a shriek of surprise as she sped towards the poor boy. 

He put his hands up to defend himself but the five year old hit him full force. They both toppled to the floor. Emerald was laughing her head off and the Ravenclaw was groaning rubbing his head. 

"SIRIUS ORION BLACK." James yelled running over to the girl. "NO DESSERT TONIGHT." 

"But Jam-" 

"NO BACK TALK." He snapped and Sirius wisely shut his mouth. "Are you okay Teddy Bear?" 

"Uh huh. Are you okay Mr Ravenclaw?" She asked the boy. 

"Yeah I'm fine kid just try not to fly into me again." 

"No promises." She laughed and let James pick her up. 

Sirius held a sleeping Emerald as the train sped towards London. 

"Do you think Emerald will like it?" James asked holding up an adorable Christmas jumper. 

"She'll love it Prongs." Remus reassured and he put it back in his trunk. 

"What are you doing this Christmas Wormy?" Sirius asked and Peter shrugged. 

"Heard Mum is taking me and Piper to a play then to Nan's house for Christmas dinner." 

"How about you Moony?" 

"Nothing much. Just a small dinner at home with Mum and Dad." He smiled tiredly. 

"Well Mum and Dad are hosting the annual Pureblood ball this year." James groaned. 

"Oh great everyone goes to that. My old family, Emerald's family everyone." Sirius banged his head on the seat.

"We can probably just hide out in my room for it. Mum says we can go to Diagon Alley." 

"Oh Diagon is beautiful at Christmas." Remus said. "Come on we should try to do some homework before the train pulls in." 

¬!"£$%^&*()_+{}:<>?,./;'#][==-''''''''''''

James picked up Emerald to give Sirius a break. He made sure she didn't wake up since she had been up almost all night since they had all been out dealing with Remus's 'furry problem.' She had waited up all night for them to come back and was dead on her feet. 

He spotted his Mum and Dad waiting on the platform and waved at them. "Sirius they're over there." He pointed. 

They walked over and Euphemia engulfed Sirius in a hug. "Both my sons home for Christmas." Sirius felt tears fill his eyes. No matter how many times Euphemia called him her son it still felt like that best thing ever. 

"And look at you James a lovely mother." She joked when she saw James holding a sleeping Emerald. 

"Stop it Mum." He rolled his eyes. "She didn't sleep all night she's tired."