Chapter 15

Sirius took a deep breath before approaching Emerald in Potions the next day.

"Hey Em- uh Dolohov." 

Smooth. 

Emerald stopped packing up her bag and gave Sirius a curious look. "Hello, Black." 

"You know how you're really good at potions and stuff." 

"Yes...?" 

"Well I'm kind of failing every potion we do and Slughorn said I should talk to you." 

"Did he?" Emerald glanced at the teacher who was chatting with Lily Evans. 

"Uh yeah. I was wondering if you could I don't know help me out sometimes." 

"Like tutoring?" 

"Well...yeah." 

"Um alright? I can ask Slughorn to let us use his spare potions classroom to practice brewing..." 

"Sounds great!" Sirius coughed. "I mean yeah cool." 

Emerald gave him a confused and cautious look. "I'll see what days the classroom is available then. Uhm goodbye Black." 

She gave him one more confused frown before making her way up to Slughorn. 

"So?" James whispered. 

"She said yes." Sirius said. 

James and Sirius high fived under the table. 

---- 

Emerald entered the classroom on Wednesday evening as she and Sirius had organised. She still seemed extremely suspicious of Sirius, which he had to admit hurt. 

"We can start with the potion we're currently learning." Emerald said, setting her books down. "If you need help just ask." 

Sirius flicked his book open to the Draught of Living Death. "Okay so...what do you want me to do?" 

"Read out the first instruction." 

"Why?" 

"Just do it." 

"Uh add the infusion of Wormwood." 

"Now do that. And say it again while doing it." 

Sirius gave her a curious look but followed her instructions. 

"Now what's the second step?" 

"Add the Powdered Root of Asphodel." 

"Now do that and say it out loud at the same time." 

The rest of the potion went like that. Sirius would read out the instructions while doing it. 

He in no way brewed it correctly as it was supposed to be clear but instead his was a murky brown. 

"It's alright. Do you know where you went wrong?" Emerald asked, leaning over his cauldron to inspect it herself. 

"I think I added too much sloth brain." Sirius said, glaring at the potion like it had insulted him personally. 

"It's alright." Emerald repeated and waved her wand. The potion vanished. "We have enough time for you to try again. Just do what you did last time. Read out the instructions once before you do it and again when doing it." 

The second attempt was better but nowhere near perfect much to Sirius' frustration. 

"It's a complex potion, Black." Emerald said, helping him clean up the desk. "I didn't expect you to get it straight away." 

"I bet you got it first time." Sirius muttered bitterly. 

"Far from it. I believe it took me five tries to perfect it. You on the other hand seem to be progressing faster than me." 

"You're just saying that to make me feel better." 

"Believe what you want." Emerald shrugged as she vanished the potion. "We'll be brewing it again in class tomorrow so impress Slughorn with your potioneering skills." 

"We'll be doing this every week, yeah?" Sirius asked, finally putting his books in his bags and getting ready to depart. 

"For as long as you need it I suppose." 

Sirius gave her a relieved grin. "Right, brilliant." 

"Have a nice night, Black." Emerald said, giving him that confused look again.

"You too." 

---- 

"So?" James asked. 

"Not a hint of recognition." Sirius sighed, flopping on his bed. 

James groaned and threw himself on his bed dramatically. "Three months just gone." 

"She's not dead, Prongs." Peter said, glancing over at him. "She's literally about a ten minute walk away." 

"Well yes but she doesn't remember us. She doesn't remember me more importantly." 

"How come you're more importantly." Remus said tossing a shoe at James' head. 

"Well we all know I was the main person in her life-" 

"You were not!" Sirius rugby tackled the taller boy and they had a play fight before James tapped out. 

"Like I said. We should just try and build a friendship with the current her instead of trying to cling onto the younger version of her." Remus sighed. "Because that's not her anymore." 

"Shut up Moony." James said throwing an arm over his face. 

"Yeah shut up Moony." Sirius said, throwing himself on his bed theatrically. 

Remus rolled his eyes and went back to his Potions homework.

---

Hello. I know I'm not really active on this story or like any of my others but like here's an update. Also I'm like considering writing another story like this one except like reversed. Like all the Marauders are de-aged and an oc has to look after them. Idrk know yet so idk if you like the idea I'll probs do it.