V. LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON

LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON!

SEPTEMBER 1991

1st Year

• • • •

"Harry!" Nora grinned, running over to Ron and the Potter boy, as they were walking down the corridors, "Eliana just told me about you getting on the Quidditch team! Congratulations!"

Harry smiled, "Thanks, Nora."

"Hey, well done, Harry, ," Fred said, as he and George approached the trio, walking along with them, "Wood's just told us!"

"Fred and George are on the team, too," Ron informed Harry, "Beaters."

"Our job is to make sure that you don't get bloodied up too bad," George told the boy, "Can't make any promises, of course. Rough game, Quidditch," He said.

"Brutal," Fred agreed, "But no one's died in years. Someone will vanish occasionally...," He said as they broke off from Harry, Ron and Nora, who walked across a courtyard.

"But they'll turn up in a month or two!!" George called as they all walked away from each other.

"Oh, go on, Harry, ," Ron encouraged, "Quidditch is great. Best game there is! And you'll be great, too!" He said as Hermione - who was working on her school work - came to join their conversation.

"But I've never even played Quidditch," Harry said, "What if I make a fool myself?"

"You won't make a fool of yourselves." Hermione assured Harry.

"Hermione's right," Nora nodded, "It's in your blood,"

***

Hermione and Nora lead Harry and Ron to a trophy case, before pointing at a plaque of Quidditch players. One listed Harry father as a Seeker.

"James Potter. Seeker," Harry whispered, reading the plaque.

"Whoa. You never told me your father was a Seeker, too," Ron gaped,

"I-I didn't know," Harry said as he shook his head.

Looking at the other plaques, Nora smiled softly, lightly tugging on Harry's sleeve, "Look, my Mum was a Seeker at the same time, too."

Harry smiled, "Cool."

***

"When you think that boy can't surprise you anymore, he become a bloody Seeker in his first year." Holland chuckled, as she and Margaret sat in the Slytherin's office, drinking tea.

"Well, he is a Potter." Margaret shrugged with a fond smile.

"Who's going to tell Max and Bron?"