XI. SCENES AT DIAGON ALLEY

SCENES AT DIAGON ALLEY!

AUGUST 1992

2nd Year

• • • •

Holland sat at the kitchen table, a frown etched onto her face as she sifted through the letters that had come through the letterbox that morning.

"Stare at that pile any longer and you'll burn a hole through those envelopes." Jeremiah chuckled, joining his granddaughter at the table, two mugs of tea in his hand.

Holland only hummed slightly, "Yeah."

Jeremiah raised an eyebrow, placing one of the mugs in front of her, "What is it?"

"Harry." Holland frowned.

"Harry?"

Holland shook her head, dropping the pile of letters on the table and picking up her tea, "He hasn't written me or Nora back all Summer. Maggie hasn't heard anything, either. And when I reached out to Molly, she said that he also hadn't replied to any of Ron's letters, either."

"I'm sure he's okay."

"I went by the Dursley's house the other day," Holland said, her nose scrunching up in disgust at the thought of the family, "They said he'd gone to the park with some friends."

Jeremiah raised an eyebrow, "I thought he didn't have any friends outside of Hogwarts?"

Holland gave her grandfather a look, "He doesn't."

The man let out a small hum, "Never liked those Dursleys."

Holland only nodded in agreement as the sound of soft footsteps ran towards the kitchen, Nora entering the room with a wide grin and flushed cheeks, "Mummy! Mummy! Look what came!" The young girl cried, thrusting a piece of parchment out to her mother.

The woman smiled softly, taking the letter from her daughter, "Did Reggie get his too?" She asked, making Nora nod, "Well, looks like Kettleburn is the only teacher who hasn't changed his curriculum this year."

Jeremiah chuckled as he glanced over the letter as it was passed to him, "That man's not changed it since your first year."

"Didn't you go to school with him?" The Irish woman asked.

Jeremiah nodded, "Surprised he's not retired yet."

Nora's eyes lit up, "But won't it be amazing when he does?" She grinned, looking at her mother, "Then you would officially become the Care of Magical Creatures teacher."

"Nora," Holland chuckled, "You really shouldn't go around saying things like that."

"She's not wrong, though." Jeremiah shrugged with a smirk.