X. HOUSE CUP

HOUSE CUP!

JUNE 1992

1st Year

• • • •

Holland smiled softly, gently moving the hair away from an unconscious Harry's eyes.

"Just like his father." Margaret said, cracking a small grin.

The Irish woman nodded, humming in agreement.

"An idiot." They both finished with a laugh.

A soft sigh left Holland's lips as she adjusted the placement of the flowers on his bedside table.

Margaret eyed her best friend, "What is it?"

"This is just the beginning, Maggie," The Slytherin whispered, standing up from the chair she was perched on, joining her best friend at the end of the boy's bed, "So much violence is going to come his way."

"And we'll be here to help him." Margaret nodded.

A small smile flickered onto Holland's face, linking her pinky finger with the blonde's, "Together?"

"Together."

***

In The Great Hall, students were seated, chatting excitedly, as green banners with snakes on them were hung around the ceiling.

Over at the chattering Slytherin table, Regulus let out a laugh, patting Wilbur on the back as the boy choked on the mashed potatoes he had eaten far too quickly.

"I hope you know I'm the main reasons we got the most points." Otto told the pair sat across from them.

Wilbur let out a snort, "Well, thank you for being such a teachers' pet." He chuckled, earning a harsh kick under the table from Otto.

Regulus laughed at the Scottish boy's pained face, "You deserved that one, mate."

The Hufflepuff table was celebrating happily, despite their third-place title.

"You better slow down, or else you'll get hiccups." Nora warned her friend.

"No, I won't," Thalia shook her head, promptly followed by a hiccup. Seeing the look on the younger girl's face, she pointed at Nora, "Don't say anything."

The Gryffindor table, however, was a different story, the students of the lion house sat glumly after their extreme loss - Ron, Harry and Hermione were mostly to thank for their ranking.

From where Dumbledor sat at the head of the teachers' table, nodded to McGonagall, causing the woman to tap her glass with a spoon, the sounded bringing the chatter to a halt, as the students turned their attention to the front of the hall and Dumbledore rose from his seat.