VI. HALLOWEEN, 1991

HALLOWEEN, 1991!

OCTOBER 1991

1st Year

• • • •

Nora sat in between Neville and Hermione in Charms class, listening to Professor Flitwick - who was standing on a bunch of books due to his short stature.

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Their teacher asked, and Nora smiled down at the feather on her desk, "Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." He instructed.

"Watch me mess this up, too." Neville frowned.

"You'll be great, Nev," Nora reassured the boy over the sounds of students attempting the spell, "Just take a deep breath and then give it a go."

"Wingardum Leviosa." Neville tried, nothing happening, making him frown.

"You'll get there," Nora assured him, "It just takes practice, that's all."

Meanwhile, Hermione next to them had already perfected the spell, her feather floating in the air.

"Oh, well done!" Professor Flitwick smiled, "See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" He cried and the girl lowered her feathers.

"Well done." Nora grinned, lightly shaking Hermione's arm.

Seamus then began swishing at his feather, "Wingard Levosa. Wingard Levosa." He said, before a large explosion erupted, leaving Seamus' feather a pile of ash, his face covered in the ashes, as well as the sides of Harry and an unamused Eliana's faces.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor," Harry said.

***

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar," Ron loudly mimicked as he and his friends walked across one of the courtyards.

"Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she doesn't have any friends!" He exclaimed, before Hermione bustled past, sniffling.

"I think she heard you," Harry told him.

Seeing the incident across the courtyard, Nora turned to Neville, "Excuse me." She said, before running after the frizzy-haired girl.

***

Regulus walked through countless hallways, looking for his mother, who was missing from the feast. The second year frowned when he saw her standing in front of a familiar case of trophies and photographs.