chapter 38

amelia's POV

yesterday was a long day of getting mads through her hangover and now i want to discuss it with zona. i wake up and see her sleeping next to me. she is just so cute. i give her a gentle kiss to try and wake her up and wrap my arms around her warm body. she eventually opens her eyes.

"good morning sweetheart" i say. she smiles before kissing me softly.

"good morning to you too" she whispers against my lips before pulling me into a more passionate kiss. before this gets taken any further i pull away and get out of bed. "whyyyyy?" zona complains. she quickly notices the change in my expression. "what's wrong?" i go to speak but nothing comes out. "come on mils, you can talk to me"

"arizona..." i start. "why didn't you tell me about mads drinking when you got home? why did you try and hide it from me? why did you even convince me to let her go? i knew she wasn't ready but you gave me all the reasons to let her go?" i start welling up.

"hey hey, amelia, i don't think this is all my fault. we came to the decision together and yes i did give you a lot of reasons why mads should be allowed to go and i realise now that some of them were wrong but she didn't do drugs. she drank but she still didn't do drugs. even while drunk she remembered not to do drugs, surely that shows something about the progress she has made, the progress you helped her make. i didn't tell you because you were asleep and mads asked me not too. i thought i could just sleep on it and i was going to tell you into the morning, but then mads threw up and i heard her and i just had to go and make sure she was okay. and then you came in and i didn't know what to do. i know i should have told you and i'm really sorry for that, but don't you even think for one minute that her going to the party was in any way all my fault. i can take some of the blame but you allowed her to go too. i'm sorry amelia but it's the truth" arizona shouts back at me.

"but i wasn't going to let her go. you told me i should. you persuaded me that it was a good idea, obviously it wasn't."

"amelia i really don't want to argue with you right now okay? i never want to argue with you. so i'm going to go to the hospital and let you calm down a little and if you still want to we can talk about this later." she begins walking up to me up to me and then tries to kiss me. i push her away but she still kisses me on the forehead before turning away to walk out the door. "i love you mils, don't ever forget that"

madison's POV

i heard mum and arizona arguing earlier about me going to the party and whose fault it was. i decided it was better to leave it be and not get involved, even though i just wanted to say that it was all my fault. i thought it was ready but i really wasn't. i begin to cry and hug myself in my bed, muffling the sound of me crying with my pillow because i don't want anyone to hear me.

suddenly i hear my phone ping and wonder who on earth is texting me.

unknown number: hey madison, it's eden from the party. i don't know if you remember me or how well you remember me because we were both slightly drunk. i will admit i don't remember too much but i remember i really enjoyed my time with you and want to meet with you again when we're both sober. what do you think?

i get excited and impulsively just call the number, wanting to hear eden's voice again. she picks up almost instantly.

"hey eden! how are you?" i ask

"i'm really good thanks, even better now you've called" she says flirtatiously. "you?"

"same as you, hearing your voice again has made me happier" i flirt back. i don't know what comes over me when i talk to eden but i can't help but flirt with her. it's almost impossible to stop. we talk on the phone for a while and plan to meet up again in a few days. we discuss all the little details and i begin to figure out how i tell mum where i'm going. i see this meet up as kinda like a date but i'm not sure how eden sees it. i decide to just ask her.

"eden, is this a date?"

"i don't know. i don't know how you feel about it all and whether you even like girls. i'm bi so if you're willing to, i wouldn't mind it being a date" she replies innocently.

"i don't know how i feel about it all either if i'm honest. i've never thought i liked girls but you're something different. i want to try this and i want it to be a date." i say decisively not even knowing if this is what i want.

"don't worry. when you figure things out just let me know. i want to try this too and i'll admit i've never actually been with a girl, just kissed a few which is how i know i'm bi."

"okay, thank you. i'm looking forward to our date eden" i smile as it say it.

"call me ed, i prefer it"

"well then, im looking forward to our date ed"

"me too madison, goodbye" i hang up the phone before going to head downstairs.

amelia's POV

i head upstairs to go and see mads and hear her talking to someone on the phone.

"im looking forward to our date then ed" she says. i'm instantly suspicious and intrigued on who this ed guy is because mads usually tell me about people who she is talking to and who she is meeting up with and stuff. it's unlike her to keep this a secret. i hear her hang up the phone and get up so i know she is about to open her door. i run downstairs so she doesn't know i was listening in and she almost instantly comes down. i make casual chat about her day and not once does she mention ed which makes me even more suspicious.