Chapter 3

To never think about you

The first few nights without Kageyama was really hard for Hinata.

The first night,

Hinata tried sleeping and even dozed off quickly,  being tired from all the running and crying he did today.
But only after a few minutes he quickly woke up with a startle.

A dream. A really bad dream. Reminding Hinata that Kageyama wasn't there with him. He starts sobbing again. He doesn't even realize when the door of the guest room opened and a male figure came in.

"Stop crying. It's dirty and looks ugly."

It's not like Hinata didn't try.

"I can't seem to able to do that Omi. "

Sakusa takes steps and comes closer to Hinata. He sits on the bed beside Hinata and gently embraces him. Like all of Hinata's feelings started overflowing now, his cries got louder, getting the warmth and comfort, he just couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Omi you know I really thought he loved me!! I was a fool. I thought our red strings won't appear because we haven't been married yet... but- but- I didn't know it was because Kageyama didn't love me!!"

Sakusa just continues to stay silent.

"All of the times he said 'I love you' was a lie too. I just always thought that he was shy to say it but- ..."

He couldn't continue his sentence anymore...
Just the two of them sat in the darkness. One pouring his broken heart and other just collecting the pieces silently.

Hinata didn't realize when, but he stopped crying and slowly fell asleep.  No dream about Kageyama or anything else. Just pure blank darkness filled in.
In the morning, Hinata wakes up. His eyes all weary.  He comes out of the room and looks for Sakusa. Sakusa was currently in kitchen preparing breakfast.

"Awake?"

"Yeah..."

"Go freshen up and then come and eat."

"Okay..."

After Hinata freshened up, he sat in front of Sakusa again like he did last night and started munching on the toast Sakusa prepared. In between their breakfast he gets a call.

Username ID- Bokuto Koutarou

Hinata put down his toast and picks up the phone.
Before that he mouths a 'I am sorry' to Sakusa to which Sakusa just nods. It was his way of saying 'it's alright'

"Hello Bokuto san..."

"Hinata where are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're not at Kenma's house? Where did Sakusa dropped you?"

"Ah," it dawned on him that he never went to Kenma's house.

"I'm not at Kenma's house Bokuto san"

"Then where are you!?"

"Kou calm down..."

Hinata could hear Akaashi in the background.  He takes the phone from Bokuto and put it close to his ears.

"Hello Hinata?"

"Mom..."

Listening to Akaashi's voice calling him with so much worry,  Hinata wanted to cry again.

"Hinata I'm sorry if Koutarou scared you. Where are you right now?"

"I- I'm at Omi kun's house."