𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 8

It was 5 past 11 when Rosanna was still fast asleep

It was 5 past 11 when Rosanna was still fast asleep. Of course, Rosanna had been quite tired, because she had hardly slept during the night. But that wasn't the only reason. Her iron deficiency also caused a fatigue she had never experienced except when she had worked a lot.

With her eyes closed, Rosanna lay peacefully on the bed while the tube on her arm pumped blood through her body. The daylight shining through the window jolted Rosanna out of her deep sleep, so she opened her eyes slowly, torturing them to stay open so she could look through the window. Slowly and carefully, she placed both hands on the mattress and rose. Leisurely, she tried to keep looking through the window to check on the weather. No rain, no storm, and no lightning bolts slept through the clouds.

But still the biggest clouds covered the whole sky and made the whole forest look pretty gloomy.

"The letter for my parents..."

Shortly after, Rosanna remembered that she still had to deliver the letter to a recipient. So she quickly got up, very slowly took the tube of the blood bag out of her arm and headed for a bathroom to freshen up. Suddenly, she stopped in front of the door. She realized that she had no more clothes to put on after her shower.

She looked around until her eyes fell on a mirror standing in the corner next to the dresser. At first she hesitated, but then she gathered all her courage and stood right in front of the mirror to look at herself. And now it was time, she regretted having chosen the mirror, because her appearance was more than just terrible in front of her eyes.

Her long, dark blonde hair, which she had tied into a braid, was completely soaked, and her pale face made her dark circles stand out even more. On the left side of her forehead, you could just make out the injury on her head, and it looked like it was going to turn into a big scar. Her white Victorian shirt with a ruffle at the neck and a red glowing button was quite torn and dirty from the accident, so Rosanna was a little annoyed at the sight, because the shirt had cost her a lot of money.

But she didn't have time to worry about that, so she slowly turned around again to look for Hashirama and ask him if he had something for her to wear. Shortly after, without her realizing it, Hashirama was standing right next to her and gave her a smile.

"Good morning, Rosanna."

Rosanna winced a little.

"I guess I'll never get used to your silence..."

Her voice sounded a bit halting, while her heart threatened to burst. Hashirama couldn't help it and started laughing.

"I'm sorry... I'll try to be more noticeable next time."

His laugh was quite darkly accented, but somehow it radiated something beautiful and calm, which was no exception with Rosanna. As if the young lady was no longer in control of her body, her face contorted into a grin, so Rosanna noticed it too and looked down at the ground, embarrassed. Then she looked up again.

"Do you have some clothes for me?"

Hashirama's smile turned into an emotionless expression and he stared Rosanna from bottom to top. The vampire tilted his head down a little and looked at Rosanna while his right eyebrow rose.

"It would be urgent, wouldn't it?"

Rosanna's look suddenly seemed quite annoyed. Hashirama grinned,

"It's fine. I'll give you some clothes to wear."

While Rosanna stood there waiting, Hashirama went to a dresser and opened it. When Rosanna looked inside, she saw red and black Victorian women's dresses in the dresser, and even more choices. Rosanna's look did not become surprised or amazed, but remained the same as before, but despite everything, deep inside she was more than amazed. Slowly and surely she took a few steps towards the dresser. Hashirama grinned.

"Do you like it? It used to belong to my wife, until she..."

Hashirama turned around while looking lightly at the floor. Of course, Rosanna noticed Hashirama's dejection, so she looked at the ground sympathetically.

"I'm sorry about that..."

Then her eyes wandered to the picture of the woman hanging on the wall above the dresser.

"Is she your wife?"

Rosanna's gaze moved back to Hashirama, who was watching her intently and sadly. He nodded in response, but not wanting to show weakness, he took another deep breath to try not to cry.

"What is her name?"

asked Rosanna gently. "Her name is Victoria." His gaze wandered briefly to the painting, then back to Rosanna. His gaze remained skeptical.

"I know what you're wondering. She died in an accident. Almost the same accident as yours."

As Rosanna's shock level was high at that moment, she almost felt like she couldn't breathe.

"𝑊𝒉𝑦...𝐷𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝒉𝑖𝑠 𝑓𝑖𝑡 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡𝒉𝑒𝑟..? 𝑊𝒉𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑖'𝑣𝑒 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤𝑛 𝐻𝑎𝑠𝒉𝑖𝑟𝑎𝑚𝑎 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑎 𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒? 𝑊𝒉𝑦 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑖𝑡 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑚 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑖𝑎𝑟? 𝐴𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝒉𝑦 𝑑𝑜 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝒉𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑚𝑜𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑠𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑑𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑦?"

Rosanna was completely lost in thought, so much so that she forgot to breathe. She just didn't understand why it all fit together so well and why, without knowing each other any longer, she felt a familiar feeling for Hashirama. Then she thought:

"𝐴𝑚 𝑖 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑜𝑓 𝒉𝑖𝑠 𝑤𝑖𝑓𝑒? 𝑁𝑜. 𝑇𝒉𝑎𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛'𝑡 𝑏𝑒..."