Bonus Content: Epilogue II

Brekker,

Since my last three letters have gone unanswered, I am going to assume you are either dead or uninterested in the details of your own impending nuptials. As long as Inej is out at sea, yours is the final stamp of approval needed on these plans, so I suggest you either dredge up some interest within yourself or I'll be forced to inform your wife that the Crow Club now belongs to her.

With love,

Zenik

--------------------------------------------------------

Zenik,

What is it you require of me exactly? I'll have a signature rubber stamp commissioned for you if it means never again receiving one of these letters.

-Brekker

----------------------------------------------------------

My dear Mr. Brekker,

You don't mean that. You know this would only lead to me spending every last one of your kruge on the Suli wedding celebration of the century. Generations of Ravkans and Suli alike would remember it for its over-priced opulence. Instead, perhaps you could look over the documents and figures I sent you, and we could come to an agreeable arrangement that you won't make you want to assassinate me?

Sincerely,

Nina

----------------------------------------------------------

Zenik,

No promises.

-Brekker

--------------------------------------------------------

Zenik.

I have reviewed the documents. What your vendors are proposing is nothing short of highway robbery. Under no circumstances are you to sign another contract until I've had time to discuss terms. Further negotiating should not take place without me.

-Brekker

(in Nina's handwriting)

If you insist

--------------------------------------------------------------

Brekker,

Enclosed you'll find the estimates from the bakery Inej's mother has selected. If you are planning to negotiate the final price, please bear in mind this contract must be finalized within two months.

Thank you,

Zenik

--------------------------------------------------------

Brekker,

Enclosed you'll find four estimates from four florists along with our correspondence. Contracts must be finalized by next month.

Thank you,

Zenik

----------------------------------------------------------------

Brekker,

Enclosed you'll find estimates from three tentmakers. This contract must be finalized before they will begin their work. Please finalize within two weeks.