Chapter 3: [A Trip Down Memorylane]

Huh?

Where am I?

Why is it so dark?

What time is it?

I have to get up early or I'll be late for class. Didn't Risa and I plan to see the fireworks display tonight at the end of their village's festival?

Wait... Risa? Risa!

She waved at Risa when she saw her bestfriend approach her but Risa just went through Lee's body as if she was a mere hologram. It didn't even look like Risa saw her at all.

What?

Confused, she turned around to look for Risa but, when she did, she didn't see her. She didn't see anyone. She didn't see anything. All that there was was the darkness surrounding her like an everlasting blanket of a moonless and starless night sky.

Hello?

Can anybody hear me?

Risa?

Mom?

Dad?

Anyone?!

Please!

She felt hopeless. She wanted to cry but no tears fell. She couldn't think of anything else but the pain she felt; the pain of being isolated from everyone she knew and loved. But in the space, there was no one. She was all alone. Falling in a state of despair, she curled herself up in a ball hugging herself tighter and tighter as if that action would ease the hollow, emptiness she felt at her core.

Then in the blackness, a pinpoint light opened under her. Startled, she straighten herself in an erected position. She couldn't stand even if she wanted to. She couldn't feel the ground. It was like standing in the darkest part of a trench with nothing but water around her. The light grew bigger and bigger until it was big enough to swallow her. And it did. The light suddenly gave way beneath her, and the portal welcomed her to another space similar to the one she was on before. But there was something different. Instead of the endless darkness that was calming yet suffocating, this space was bright white.

She tried to look around and the feel of being suspended in the air was still there. The place was warm and cozy. Her eyes slowly closed, already drifting into a deep slumber, when she heard a giggle.

It was faint at first, no more than an echo from a dream, but as seconds passed, it got louder and louder. Tired, she opened her eyes to take a peek at what disturbed her. What she saw made her eyes grow wide.

There was one rectangular 'thing' floating in front of her. It doesn't look solid but somewhat hazy. Like a dream. Then a face showed up! And then another!

Hello, my little angel~

Ahh~ My daughter is the most beautiful baby in the world!

The two people's faces were blurred but when they came closer, she saw the familiar faces of the two people she loved the most, but only their younger version.

Mom! Dad!

Is this thing showing me my memory? Then this should be when I was a newborn baby. How amazing!

Then another rectangle appeared beside the first one. This one showed a wobbly view of her father. He was coming closer— no, wait! She was the one coming closer to her father!

This must be the time when I finally learned how to walk!

Then another rectangle popped above the second one and this showed the faces of her mother and father. Her mother was closer to her than her father. In fact, her father was behind her mother and not looking so good. He was green in the face.