7. Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Green foam spewed out in a column, hitting the ceiling and expanding rapidly outwards. Griffin grabbed my wrist and pulled me quickly out of the path of a stream of foam.

"Everybody to the sides of the room now!" Mrs Miller called out. "Stay calm."

People scattered in all directions, trying to avoid the hot green beast.

"Oops," I breathed out.

"That was epic," Griffin replied from behind me as the green foam finally began to retreat. It was then that I realised I was pressed against him. I quickly stepped to the side with a shudder.

"Elephant toothpaste," Mrs Miller tutted. "Always a mess. Should have been done outside, did Mr Fernsby not mention that?"

"No." Griffin shook his head.

I glanced at the instructions, there at the bottom was a brief note written in scrawled handwriting. It said: do this experiment outside.

I casually moved the soap bottle to cover it from view.

"That's unfortunate. At least no one got hurt, thank goodness. Are you both okay?"

We nodded.

"Good. Time to clean up." She raised her voice. "Because of this accident we're going to have to finish the lesson now. Please make sure your experiments are left safely on the benches before leaving carefully. Make sure to avoid any foam, it can irritate the skin."

The class filed out leaving us behind with Mrs Miller.

"While this was a disaster, I have to say, that was an impressive eruption." Mrs Miller smiled. "I look forward to seeing what you two will do later in the week. Now go and relax."

"Do you want help cleaning up?" I asked.

"Yes. But from professionals who have the equipment to get the stain off the roof," she replied. "See you both tomorrow."

We took off our gloves, coat, and glasses and started making our way back to the main school building.

"I thought you were a hockey player, not a chemistry competitor." I said suddenly, looking up at Griffin. I'd been confused the whole lesson.

"I'm both." He sighed. "I suppose you're now going to ask to sleep with me, now that you know who I—."

"Eww no, why would I want to sleep with you?" I interrupted.

He stopped walking and looked at me with a smirk. "Everybody wants to sleep with me, princess."

I scoffed and continued walking. "I don't. I pity all the poor people who have slept with you."

He laughed. "I think you'll find they all enjoyed their time greatly. I think you would too."

"Ha! In your dreams Carter."

We entered the main school building and Griffin came to a halt in the hallway. "If you're so sure that you would never fall for me princess, go on a date with me. I think you'd find that I'm actually quite enjoyable."

I almost choked on my saliva. "What?"

"Scared you'll fall for me?"

I crossed my arms. "Absolutely not. But I see no reason for you to want to go on a date with me."

"To prove to you why so many girls want to sleep with me." He flashed a grin at me. "Even you princess are not immune to me."

I raised my eyebrows. "Seriously."

He said nothing.

"Okay," I said.

"Okay?" he echoed, stepping slightly back in surprise.

"I will agree to go on a date, only if you beat me in a prank war." I smiled at the cocky grin that appeared on his face. Pranking was in my blood. The Cooper's had an annual prank war that I'd won the last three years. There was no way he'd win, meaning there was no way I'd have to go on a date with him. And besides, it was fun putting this egotistical player in his place, last night had been hilarious and I knew June would be down. The competition needed spicing up.

"I'm in," he said. "Some other slimeball already made the mistake of pranking me last night. I might as well prove no one can win at pranks against me."

"Oh?" I asked innocently. "What happened?"

"They covered Oscar and I in Star Wars tattoos and put a stupid speaker in our room that wouldn't turn off." His jaw clenched. "If I hear Darth Vader's song again I will explode."

"Noted. Oh and one other thing, if you lose you have to write a Shakespeare worthy poem confessing your sincere love to me and read it to me on the last day of term in front of everyone." I grinned knowing this would ruin his player image and be funny to watch.

"Cold. Though named after a princess, you're definitely the evil stepmother in disguise."

I held out a hand. "We have a deal? The person who pulls off the most pranks by the end of next Wednesday wins, unless of course you choose to chicken out earlier then I automatically win."

"That won't happen princess." Griffin took my hand and shook it. "We have a deal."

"Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi," a muffled voice said from my pocket, "you're my only hope. Help me, Obi-Wan Keno—"

I pulled my phone out and declined Ruben's call. "Oops, the ringer wasn't supposed to be on." I looked up and saw Griffin staring at the back of my phone. "What?"

Griffin's eyes narrowed. "It was you."

I turned my phone over and saw the familiar figures of C-3PO and R2-D2 on the case and gulped. If the ringer hadn't entirely given the game away then this had. Not even Griffin would be dumb enough to believe that I had nothing to do with the Star Wars prank now.

"One-nil to me. Pranked already you were, the war win you will not." I grinned and gave him a wave as I turned to walk to my dorm. "Parting is such sweet sorrow, I expect you'll have great fun writing the poem."

"Expectation is the root of all heartache. You may have started the war but I will finish it. I look forward to our date princess."

It was only later that day that I realised that he too had quoted Shakespeare.

A/N:

The prank war has beguneth!

Have you ever been pranked or do you play the pranks? If so which ones?

Vote and comment if you enjoyed :) 

SouthernAlps over and out...